MAC Men's Basketball 2021-2022

LoyalZIP

44 minutes ago, Reslife4Life said:

They really put Wynn up there instead of Enrique or Ali 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

If you look at the roster, they put up the only 3 juniors.  There are no seniors.  With the COVID exemption, they all seem like Seniors.  Gregg Tribble is considered a sophomore.

Nice to see the conference stand up to cry baby Bobby.  What an irritating numbskull that guy is.  I suspect he may be moved along after this season.  The video isn't bad as expected.  I could imagine him being much worse given his general attitude towards officials.

I do miss him coming to the JAR.  He's one of the few people I take pleasure in verbally abusing.

Edited by clarkwgriswold

19 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Nice to see the conference stand up to cry baby Bobby.  What an irritating numbskull that guy is.  I suspect he may be moved along after this season.  The video isn't bad as expected.  I could imagine him being much worse given his general attitude towards officials.

I do miss him coming to the JAR.  He's one of the few people I take pleasure in verbally abusing.

Had he an audience he likely would have been much worse.  However, this proves he really is an SOB and it's not merely performance art.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hilltopper said:

Stan Heath spent the entire game bitching at the refs on Saturday night. Surprised he didn't get T'd up.

On one of the long time outs, he spent the entire time talking to the ref.  The assistant coach kept looking at him.  The team was sitting in the huddle but nothing was said to them the entire time out.  Obviously, the asst. coach did not want to overstep his bounds and the team just sat in the huddle without a word being spoken.  I don't think I have ever seen that before, not even from Hurley.

6 hours ago, Hilltopper said:

Stan Heath spent the entire game bitching at the refs on Saturday night. Surprised he didn't get T'd up.

Heath better be sending Gary Waters one hell of a Christmas gift every year…that season he rode Waters’ kids to the Elite 8 pretty much bankrolled his college coaching career.

• Like 4

All home teams easily won tonight except Mt. Pleasant.  That leaves Akron in sole possession of 2nd (or is it 3rd) until Friday night when they will fall back to a tie for 3rd or in sole possession depending on Ohio at Buffalo:

Toledo. 8-1

Ohio 6-1

Akron 6-2

Buffalo 4-3

Kent 5-4

Bowling Green 4-5

Miami 3-4

Ball State 3-4

-----------------------

Northern 2-4

Eastern 2-5

Central 1-3

Western 0-8

5 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

All home teams easily won tonight except Mt. Pleasant.  That leaves Akron in sole possession of 2nd (or is it 3rd) until Friday night when they will fall back to a tie for 3rd or in sole possession depending on Ohio at Buffalo:

Toledo. 8-1

Ohio 6-1

Akron 6-2

Buffalo 4-3

Kent 5-4

Bowling Green 4-5

Miami 3-4

Ball State 3-4

-----------------------

Northern 2-4

Eastern 2-5

Central 1-3

Western 0-8

The anti-directional invitational. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, LoyalZIP said:

Ball State up 10 with 30 seconds to go on Toledo. Toledo has shown some vulnerability since the blowout win at Ohio. They fall to 10-2 in the league, giving sole possession of first place back to the Kittens. 

There's joy in Nelsonville tonight.  And a reminder...you never know. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, LoyalZIP said:

Ball State up 10 with 30 seconds to go on Toledo. Toledo has shown some vulnerability since the blowout win at Ohio. They fall to 10-2 in the league, giving sole possession of first place back to the Kittens. 

Did you watch the game? What did Balls do that we could learn from?

2 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

Caught a few minutes. They made very fluky shots, hit big threes. Typical upset. Toledo almost brought it back in the dying moments but they just didn’t hit the shots they usually do. It’s tough to win Friday prime time games on the road, that is for sure.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

I watched most of it.  Essentially, in the first half Ball State was like Brian Trimble on steroids, hitting every conceivable 3 by every player all over the court.  Toledo, as expected, got back in it (much like Zips did against OU) but Ball State continued to make the big plays while Toledo missed their last few.  Reminder...if a team gets hot from 3 anything can happen.

• Like 1