According to Bruce Feldman, Arth is done

exit322

Finally! I think we've been patient long enough already. Seems like a real nice guy, but you have to win football games. His entire tenure looked way too much like Hugh Jackson with the Browns.

Edited by blueandgold
  • Like 1

So after 35 years of losing at the FBS level we think a coach can come in here and win.  The most wins ever was ONE season with 8 wins.  One bowl win in 35 years. Most of those 35 years which I watched were losing seasons.  Outside of Christ himself not sure who can be a miracle worker.   Let us prayer for that miracle worker!! GO ZIPS

Never cared for all of the 'you knows' and coach-speak/cliches (answer the damn question). Gave me a sense that he was not fully in command and in over his head. Fine for a smaller school/lower level of play but O-fers and 1-fers are just not acceptable, especially when you look pretty bad doing it.

Not happy from a financial perspective assuming we don't really have a good way to fund a buy-out (big doner?) but feeling a sense of relief. Best of luck to Tom.

Edited by GoZips88
  • Thanks 1

I wanted Arth to work out at Akron. It would have been a very cool story and he really is a good guy. I'm glad I got to meet him. But after watching a few spring practices in 2019, I predicted 0-12 and it looked far worse than I was even expecting. It never looked right and this is the right move. Guthrie's career hangs on this hire.

• Like 1

The timing is odd, and it only can be that Guthrie was waiting to see if bowl eligibility could be salvaged.  That was cruelly taken away with that ending vs. Testicle Tech (not that we're beating WMU, Toledo, or Kent, probably).  

That being said, I wish Coach Arth best of luck.  The results between he and the Ianello regime are similar, but the difference is that Tom is a likable guy that you want to see succeed.  And I hope he does.  

I have looked into absolutely zero candidates at this point, but can we PLEASE get someone with a longer track record of success at a lower level?  No high school coaches, please. 

• Like 2