New Head Coach Search - 2021 Edition

GoZips86

10 minutes ago, zippy-claws said:

Sorry if this has been asked/answered before, but if the choice is Getsy, does Akron have to wait for the Packers season to end to a) announce him, and b) to have him start?  If so, won’t that put Akron where they were with Arth, hamstringing him on recruiting and building?

I THINK if they announce Getsy as coach he’d start immediately. 

On 11/27/2021 at 1:33 PM, LZIp said:

Believe he left as a result of Joe Moorhead getting fired, meaning likely wasn't retained by new staff.

Maybe Joe could now hire back his OC from Mississippi State.  The OffensiveCoordinator #PresentedByLeafFilter.

#DreamBig We're Akron!!  😊

Thank you, my brothers (and Grandma)! 🙏 This is exactly the sort of news I was crossing my fingers for as I checked in to ZNo this a.m. 🙌 

This is why I spend waaaaaaaay too much time on this site.  I must check in on ZNo at least 8-10 times a day. 😂

What a great way to start the day! 💪💪💤💤💤

7 hours ago, gozips19 said:

Thinking out loud. If a guy like Morehead is the pick is a portion of his salary getting subsidized by donations or did something drastic change at the university? 

I don't think donations can directly pay coaches salaries. 

Edited by NWAkron

8 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

The Browns suck, the Indians/Guardians are MIA in free agency, the NBA is tough to watch, and Akron athletics has been disappointing as of late. 

We need this type of news. Come on Guthrie! Hit the dinger!

We are getting our hopes up but I would love some Oregon style uniforms...all in gold!

• Like 1