New Head Coach Search - 2021 Edition

GoZips86

No idea what the rules are with contracts and the regular season coming to a close, but IF  these rumors are true, I couldn't be happier to welcome Coach Moorhead back, or even the guy from O$U.   Both would give immediate credibility to a program where even most of us fans were wondering what kind of candidates would be drawn to this job.  I am through the roof with optimism.

Don't ruin this for me, UA.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Field Level Media: Oregon offensive coordinator Joe Moorhead is expected to be named head coach at Akron, Yahoo Sports reported.

Is this accurate, or a misinterpretation of Yahoo's report, naming Moorhead as the top candidate?

I don't see any other reports, so perhaps a misinterpretation. Or maybe they are first to break, but I am leaning towards misinterpretation. But good post regardless! 

12 minutes ago, RowdyZip said:

No idea what the rules are with contracts and the regular season coming to a close, but IF  these rumors are true, I couldn't be happier to welcome Coach Moorhead back, or even the guy from O$U.   Both would give immediate credibility to a program where even most of us fans were wondering what kind of candidates would be drawn to this job.  I am through the roof with optimism.

at least no Bobby Petrino rumors....yet.

GZLFDWUDT4I6DMB2PMX6JHZW4U.jpg

21 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Field Level Media: Oregon offensive coordinator Joe Moorhead is expected to be named head coach at Akron, Yahoo Sports reported.

Is this accurate, or a misinterpretation of Yahoo's report, naming Moorhead as the top candidate?

Definitely a misinterpretation. I'll only believe it once it's released on GoZips.com or by a blue-check mark CFB reporter (Feldman, Thamel, Rittenberg, etc.)

47 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

FWIW the link you provided has since updated the headline to read:

Report: Akron to name Oregon OC Joe Moorehead as head coach

2 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

FWIW the link you provided has since updated the headline to read:

Report: Akron to name Oregon OC Joe Moorehead as head coach

That was the original headline. For the link text, I copy & pasted the first line of the article to reflect the Yahoo report confusion. 

Regardless, there is an awful lot of smoke for there not to be a fire here. 

Edited by Let'sGoZips94
  • Like 1

Two more sites citing Yahoo that Akron will be hiring Moorhead. Seem to be very similar - if not identical - articles to the Field Level Media one posted above. 

https://sportsnaut.com/akron-to-name-oregon-offensive-coordinator-joe-moorhead-as-head-coach/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

https://post.playactionpools.com/report-akron-to-name-oregon-oc-joe-moorhead-as-head-coach/

58 minutes ago, RowdyZip said:

Thinking that it came down to both Moorhead and Wilson. Guessing Wilson is plan b if they can’t get the deal done today with Moorhead. Tonight it should be done with the contract. Guessing they were ready to make an offer after the Toledo game since it leaked out Sunday. Agree with ya, either one would be acceptable and have Div 1 experience at power 5. This would be a great way to start the new 2022 campaign before the end of November.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, LoyalZIP said:

Definitely a misinterpretation. I'll only believe it once it's released on GoZips.com or by a blue-check mark CFB reporter (Feldman, Thamel, Rittenberg, etc.)

Oklahoma student reporters gathered video evidence that Spencer Rattler lost the starting job following their game against Texas. The blue checkmark is fulfilling, but not the end-all-be-all in today's crooked "journalism". For all we know, these lower-level sites could have studied Yahoo's previous coaching vacancy reports from years past, and seen a pattern in verbiage that foreshadows said-candidate getting the job. 

For as much buzz as there is for Moorhead to Akron, there's equal silence for Moorhead to any other vacancy. Possibly telling.

Edited by Let'sGoZips94
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

Too bad. If Moorhead is hired, Zach would have had a lot of fun running that offense. 

If Irons chooses to bail too, I'm confident Joe would pluck a solid transfer to QB the Zips in 2022.

Totally agree!! I was worried about this. But if we can hire Moorhead, I don't see QB being an issue upon training camp!

3 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

With every minute that passes, the NEO sports fan PTSD voice in the back of my head tells me some deal is falling apart.   😨

... but your NEO sports fan eternal optimism, especially the Akron Blue and Gold part of that, IS getting the best of you right now, isn't it! Sure is for me. Given soccer, football and the first 2 games of the Tampa tourney, I'm enjoying the hopium!