New Head Coach Search - 2021 Edition

GoZips86

13 minutes ago, LZIp said:

Thanks for bringing this up. Watching some this evening. Learning more about his offense, I wonder if DJ is naturally a better fit (not that Zach wasn't a capable runner himself).

Well in one short video they showed him at MSU training camp and he kept repeating "ball security."  Arth must have forgotten that with DJ.  

Stark, MS, seemed like a hellscape. The AD announced that JM didn't fit their culture.  Next guy they hired isn't doing well.

10 hours ago, RowdyZip said:

As much as I dislike Debbie Downer's post, they have a point.  If Moorhead is the guy, this could potentially be the last gamble on FBS for Akron.  If he doesn't manage to turn things around, I honestly can't see The U digging deeper in the pockets for another buyout/new coach in a few years.

💯 this is it. ALL IN!  

I would guess part of Coach M's negotiation is getting the $$ to get the coaches he wants.  He is smart enough to know he can't turn this around by himself.  I don't think Charlie Frye is a stretch as OC and I think it would be a good move for him.

If Coach M is our guy, I would expect him to hit the transfer portal hard for to top flight players. I am sure his goal and UA's goal will be a very quick turnaround.  If you are a QB with NFL aspirations, Coach M would be a great guy to play for (Do you hear me Zach Gibson?)

Oh, and please change back to the Z helmets!!

pot GIF

Edited by a-zip
  • Like 5

“Professionally, you have a chance to go somewhere where you can either sustain success or rebuild.” Moorhead said. “And like I said, the monetary part, everybody likes money. But I’ve gotten to a point where--  I grew up, my dad was a steelworker, had three jobs, and we were the lowest end of middle class you can be. I still don’t even know my ATM code, so I have to ask my wife for money. So the money part of it, yeah we have some of it, but I don’t have any in my wallet and have to ask her for an allowance. That part’s a little further down the trough right now.”

Looks like Moorhead doesn’t money will be a huge deal. Probably fine with taking less money 750 to 900k. Hope we can get a good staff with him as well.

50 minutes ago, a-zip said:

Spoken like a man who has been there, done that and been pretty successful doing so along the way.

I heard confidence, discipline, leadership, lots of wins in the MAC, return to the MAC Championship game (including being crowned champion), bowl invites and wins, P5 upsets and a return to enjoyable Fall Saturdays and Tuesdays. Feels very strange to be in the running for a guy like this. I know - no guarantees but jeez ...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dr Z said:

We have had twice as many guests online as we do members this week.

I would encourage Zips fans browsing to join in. If anyone needs help, let me know.

All the Kent fans should remain as a guest. 😂

I truly believe the only MAC fans who have the executive functioning level to find this message board are from Athens and Muncie.

13 hours ago, akrzips2012 said:

“Professionally, you have a chance to go somewhere where you can either sustain success or rebuild.” Moorhead said. “And like I said, the monetary part, everybody likes money. But I’ve gotten to a point where--  I grew up, my dad was a steelworker, had three jobs, and we were the lowest end of middle class you can be. I still don’t even know my ATM code, so I have to ask my wife for money. So the money part of it, yeah we have some of it, but I don’t have any in my wallet and have to ask her for an allowance. That part’s a little further down the trough right now.”

Looks like Moorhead doesn’t money will be a huge deal. Probably fine with taking less money 750 to 900k. Hope we can get a good staff with him as well.

Let's hope his wife feels the same way about the money. 😉

3 minutes ago, ewbrooman1 said:

Let's hope his wife feels the same way about the money. 😉

Her husband had a recent health scare.  she probably wants her husband to do whatever will make him happiest.  Rebuilding the Akron Zips may be less stressful than calling the offensive plays for a Power 5 school with a rabid fan base.

• Thanks 1