New Head Coach Search - 2021 Edition

GoZips86

14 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

OH BOY! The stench of Kent State pee yellow liquid dripping down their leg is getting stronger (then again, that's just the stench of Kent in general)!

image.png.26e58dc8f63f5be635e5e0d8efd90f95.png

P.S. Pry is all but official based on numerous sources. Moorhead being listed in the same breath gives validity. 

You lost me on this one.  Is there some connection to Shalersville School of Design?  

2 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

You lost me on this one.  Is there some connection to Shalersville School of Design?  

Other than making our rivals pee themselves if we hire "one of the nation’s top offensive-minds and an elite recruiter" in Joe Moorhead, no. But the thought of striking fear into the entire MAC with this hire is awesome in and of itself. 

By the way, "one of the nation’s top offensive-minds and an elite recruiter" is the opening statement on Joe Moorhead's official Oregon page. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, akzipper said:

What does this mean?

Don't know if this is how the search will play out, but if Guthrie's going with the traditional understanding of that verse, it means it's a done deal, we just have to wait patiently for it to be consummated.

In other words, it's good news. It's gospel.

Edited by Blue & Gold
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Other than making our rivals pee themselves if we hire "one of the nation’s top offensive-minds and an elite recruiter" in Joe Moorhead, no. But the thought of striking fear into the entire MAC with this hire is awesome in and of itself. 

By the way, "one of the nation’s top offensive-minds and an elite recruiter" is the opening statement on Joe Moorhead's official Oregon page. 

Got it.   I noticed Bobcat Attack is melting down already.  They say some very mean stuff about Akron.  Hateful. 

14 hours ago, TennZip said:

How much is Akron going to pay for a new football coach?

Arth salary was around $500,000

Joe Moorhead salary this year as Oregon offensive coordinator was $1,150,000.

https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2021/04/details-released-for-new-contracts-for-oregon-ducks-offensive-coordinator-joe-moorhead-receivers-coach-bryan-mcclendon-cornerbacks-coach-rod-chance.html

So we have demonstrated our willingness to pay $500k per year for a D1 win. If we pay the new coach $1.15m any more than 2 wins per year and we are ahead of the game.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, kreed5120 said:

If the cost for an unproven guy like Arth is 600k then paying something like 800k for a proven commodity like Moorhead seems reasonable.

He is making $1.150,000 at Oregon

is he going to take a $350K pay reduction to become a head coach again?

2 minutes ago, TennZip said:

$$$ isn't everything.  He likely got a huge buyout from Mississippi State.   He's from this part of the country.  He was an asst at Akron.  Just because Akron football has had crappy teams doesn't mean this is a bad job.  Probably a lot more job security here than at some bigger institution.

9 minutes ago, TennZip said:

He went from Mississippi State to Fordham, his Alma Mater. I don't think money tops the priority list for Joe Moorhead. He got a raw deal at Mississippi State, too. I could see wanting to accomplish something at the DI level as a HC being a top priority for him. Akron is the perfect place to do it, I'd say. 😉

Edited by Let'sGoZips94
  • Thumbs down 1

2 minutes ago, GoZips86 said:

AKA "Yeah I'm working out the contract details with Akron right now and you'll see the news headline soon". 

(I hope that's the translation)

That's how I took it. 

"Look, what you're hearing is true. But that doesn't take my focus away from making sure our offense kicks Utah's ass on Friday night. Anymore questions? No? Cool. Go Zips - errrm... - I mean Ducks."

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

He went from Mississippi State to Fordham, his Alma Mater. I don't think money tops the priority list for Joe Moorhead. He got a raw deal at Mississippi State, too. I could see wanting to accomplish something at the DI level as a HC being a top priority for him. Akron is the perfect place to do it, I'd say. 😉

He went to Fordham, then PSU, then MSU