Game 3- Point Park

clarkwgriswold

The home season opens Saturday with Point Park University coming into the JAR.  Point Park plays in the River States Conference and were picked in the conference coaches poll to finish 7th out of 14 teams in the conference.  Point Park was 8-9 last year.  They return 2 starters,  6-1 senior guard Sherrron Schifino who scored 14.5 ppg and 5-10 senior guard Jesse  Calloway who scored 9.6 ppg.  Schifino was named to the All-RSC Second Team in 2020-21. 

16 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

I suppose I'll be watching the games from the comfort of my couch this season. I tried ordering off gozips and it keeps telling me the seats you selected are no longer available. I'm trying to order GA. No way they're all sold out. It's 2021, it shouldn't be this challenging to get tickets. 

I tried to buy GA football season tickets online prior to the Bryant game and received the same message.  I tagged the new AD on Twitter and got no response (I'm sure he had plenty on his plate).  Called the ticket office and they just offered to sell me over the phone (and I'm weird about giving my debit card number out over the phone).  When i said "no," the suggestion was just to visit the ticket booth prior to the game. 

TL;DR- I saved a lot of money because of the same issue and no one wanting to correct it.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RowdyZip said:

I tried to buy GA football season tickets online prior to the Bryant game and received the same message.  I tagged the new AD on Twitter and got no response (I'm sure he had plenty on his plate).  Called the ticket office and they just offered to sell me over the phone (and I'm weird about giving my debit card number out over the phone).  When i said "no," the suggestion was just to visit the ticket booth prior to the game. 

TL;DR- I saved a lot of money because of the same issue and no one wanting to correct it.

I tried the non-GA tickets just to see and they worked fine. It sounds like this is an ongoing issue if it's spread a crossed multiple sports. Unlike you I'm not going to even bother calling the ticket office. I'll just save myself the $150. The ticket office needs to get their sh!t together. I'm obviously not the only one passing up on tickets.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

I tried the non-GA tickets just to see and they worked fine. It sounds like this is an ongoing issue if it's spread a crossed multiple sports. Unlike you I'm not going to even bother calling the ticket office. I'll just save myself the $150. The ticket office needs to get their sh!t together. I'm obviously not the only one passing up on tickets.

Call the ticket office and speak to Adam O'Donnell.  He's top notch and will help.

I got my regular season GA's as the bargain price of $60 per.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kreed5120 said:

Same for football.  I tested some reserve seats and even tried a couple browsers to make sure the issue wasn't on my end.  That means this issue has gone unresolved, across multiple sports for nearly 3 months.  Definitely not a good look.  I mean, Ticketmaster sucks, but you should still be able to use it to buy Zips tickets.

AAAAAAAAAAAAANYWAY:  I kind of wish this was on the Ocho.  I like seeing how coaches play with the rotations in blowouts, and typically we'll see the end of the bench get some minutes as well.  I just don't $15 and actually leave the house like it.

Edited by RowdyZip
topic

17 hours ago, RowdyZip said:

Same for football.  I tested some reserve seats and even tried a couple browsers to make sure the issue wasn't on my end.  That means this issue has gone unresolved, across multiple sports for nearly 3 months.  Definitely not a good look.  I mean, Ticketmaster sucks, but you should still be able to use it to buy Zips tickets.

#GENERALADMISSIONLIVESMATTER

4 hours ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

Miller Lite...White Claw...Corona...? I thought you said they were selling beer?😁

I guess it's a start.

2 hours ago, kreed5120 said:

What took them so long?

2 hours ago, zipsrule said:

We're in Akron.  Why not include something local....Hoppin' Frog, Thirsty Dog, etc.

1 hour ago, zippy5 said:

Why would we start doing something smart now?

Settle down Boomers. Those are what are popular with Gen Z.  🤣