Game 3- Point Park

clarkwgriswold

3 hours ago, RowdyZip said:

This is interesting.  Students will now be in section B, the first full section opposite the visitor bench. I hope students show up, cuz I would've loved those seats about 15 years ago.

Nice!!! As a Rowdies alumnus, I approve. I always thought having the groups bifurcated at opposite ends was kind of awkward. Moving the Rowdies AND selling beer at the corner of Buchtel and Spicer?  What's going on here with all of this sensible decision making?

• Like 2

Beer sales and better seats for the students?!

What the heck is this common sense, and what have they done with the old Akron athletics/marketing department?!

To bring us back to normal, this game is NOT on TV, and the University has neglected to offer up a stream of some sort, either on their Facebook page or something else. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Beer sales and better seats for the students?!

What the heck is this common sense, and what have they done with the old Akron athletics/marketing department?!

To bring us back to normal, this game is NOT on TV, and the University has neglected to offer up a stream of some sort, either on their Facebook page or something else. 

And no Steve French (if you missed last year).  So turn on the radio or boom box if you can't make it to the JAR

As a season ticket holder I would like to say I am excited about this game but then I read the press guide about Point Park and still cannot figure out if they are division 1, 2, 3 or NAIA.  If we are going to play a game against a team from Pittsburgh, how about the Dukes instead of Point Park so we can settle whether Groce or KD has a better team.  Who schedules these teams and do they have any idea how to build excitement for Akron Basketball.  To follow up a game against Ohio State with a team that lost to Lawrence Tech just does not make much sense to me.  I will be curious to see if there are 1000 people at the Jar.   

8 minutes ago, 1981 grad said:

As a season ticket holder I would like to say I am excited about this game but then I read the press guide about Point Park and still cannot figure out if they are division 1, 2, 3 or NAIA.  If we are going to play a game against a team from Pittsburgh, how about the Dukes instead of Point Park so we can settle whether Groce or KD has a better team.  Who schedules these teams and do they have any idea how to build excitement for Akron Basketball.  To follow up a game against Ohio State with a team that lost to Lawrence Tech just does not make much sense to me.  I will be curious to see if there are 1000 people at the Jar.   

Seems like a common scheduling approach for teams of UA's ilk.  Play a good team or two then a bunch of little sisters to come up to speed.    PCCC gets Point Park in 2 weeks.  

Point Park basketball is in the River States Conference which is NAIA.

1 minute ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Seems like a common scheduling approach for teams of UA's ilk.  Play a good team or two then a bunch of little sisters to come up to speed.    PCCC gets Point Park in 2 weeks.  

Point Park basketball is in the River States Conference which is NAIA.

Thanks, the excitement continues to build for the Zips first home basketball game in almost 2 years.