Game 11- PCCC

clarkwgriswold

13 minutes ago, GP1 said:

He makes money from an organization that takes a small fortune from a country, China, that literally has slave camps where an ethnic minority Muslim group is forced to work and he says nothing about it. 

I agree, It’s hypocritical but I don’t want to get into a political debate, those are never good with people on keyboards 

• Like 1

Was at the game. Did not expect the Zips to win but expected a little more of a competitive game. The defense wa the usual warm bucket of spit it has been all season. Can't tackle, can't get off blocks, can't pressure the passer. All Kwho had to do was run,run, run. Can't tackle the ball carrier. And, they are totally based on play action and the O-line zone blocking. All of the coaches and players on that side of the ball should start looking elsewhere immediately! Was surprised the Offense could not at least put up a few points. Kwho is not a great D. I watched at different times from both end zones. What I saw was an O-line that can't pass block, saw receivers who couldn't create separation! That was big. Then Gibson started holding the ball too long. Kwho is fast on D but should be vulnerable to the run.(see CMU).

Think there is some retainable talent on the O side. Not so much on the D. 

Again,wait until next year.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GP1 said:

He makes money from an organization that takes a small fortune from a country, China, that literally has slave camps where an ethnic minority Muslim group is forced to work and he says nothing about it. 

And I got so tired of hearing during every TV broadcast that KD was his former coach.  He came to ONE game from what I can recall.  No profit in it.  And he did nothing while his beloved former coach was here

Edited by NWAkron

42 minutes ago, GP1 said:

So do you boycott all Nike athletes?......there are a lot of them 😉  Our blessed UA is now sponsored by Nike.  Do you expect Lebron and UA to speak out against the company that pays them?

Just got done cleaning up the yard for winter. Glad I spent my Saturday on that instead of this embarrassment of a game. Spring cleanup will be easier.  Will save me time in March so I can spend my time up in Cleveland watching the boys cut down the nets.

Seriously though, I can't recall a more pee-poor showing in a rivalry game in all my years of watching sports. And I'm a Browns fan.

1 hour ago, GP1 said:

I've been away from Akron for a while now. Is Lebron the new Jim Tressel in that people around the area think he is the only person who can save whatever they think they want saved?

Well as of now from the outside looking in Lebron is damn near the only one pouring $$$ into the community where you see quick results. 

The city sure ain't doing a damn thing. 

I sympathize with Akron folks because living in a bubble they don't know no better. They are use to living in crap. 

Akron has literally been surrounded by orange cones the past 5 years. 

So Lets not criticize any effort given 

And lol at criticizing Nike when damn near all the crap in your home comes from the same place 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, a-zip said:

So do you boycott all Nike athletes?......there are a lot of them 😉  Our blessed UA is now sponsored by Nike.  Do you expect Lebron and UA to speak out against the company that pays them?

I expect more than indifference from Akron. 

Luke 16:19-31. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dre22era said:

Rooting for a school located in the former rubber capital of the world that use to be loaded with companies that outsourced their jobs overseas

Hmmm wonder why they did that?

But yeah lets single out Nike

Yeah that makes perfect sense 

Every company tied to China is complicit in the horrors there. We Americans make so much off of China, Saudi Arabia etc we are all hypocrites to some extent, I’m afraid. We need to talk about this stuff. 

Anyhow it’s kinda shocking to lose this badly today. Here’s hoping we can get things going in the right direction. We are ag or near an all time low and I hate this.

12 minutes ago, scottditzen said:

Every company tied to China is complicit in the horrors there. We Americans make so much off of China, Saudi Arabia etc we are all hypocrites to some extent, I’m afraid. We need to talk about this stuff. 

Anyhow it’s kinda shocking to lose this badly today. Here’s hoping we can get things going in the right direction. We are ag or near an all time low and I hate this.

"We Americans make so much off of China"?

More like its the other way around. 

Those counties make a fortune off of us 

We are also in debt to china currently owing them $1.1 trillion

1 hour ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Maybe we can get the polymer science department to create a new substance for shoes and have our own UA version of flubber!

The football program almost needs a complete re-branding.  When ValuJet crashed into the Everglades and all the passengers were eaten by alligators, they changed name to Air Tran which then became part of Southwest.   Can't change from the Akron Zips, but the athletic dept has got to do everything it can to scrub off the stench of Williams and Arth.

13 minutes ago, dre22era said:

"We Americans make so much off of China"?

More like its the other way around. 

Those counties make a fortune off of us 

We are also in debt to china currently owing them $1.1 trillion

Okay virtually every storeowner in America is selling Chinese made products. 

How about we start a new thread someplace? 

14 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

The football program almost needs a complete re-branding.  When ValuJet crashed into the Everglades and all the passengers were eaten by alligators, they changed name to Air Tran which then became part of Southwest.   Can't change from the Akron Zips, but the athletic dept has got to do everything it can to scrub off the stench of Williams and Arth.

35 years of doing something poorly, at best mediocre for short periods.  Decide to do it right and commit to do it right or give up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, clarkwgriswold said:

35 years of doing something poorly, at best mediocre for short periods.  Decide to do it right and commit to do it right or give up.

100% agree.  I would like Guthrie to go through each athletic program and tell the coaches that the standard is Excellence.  Alas, excellence costs $$.

4 hours ago, dre22era said:

Well as of now from the outside looking in Lebron is damn near the only one pouring $$$ into the community where you see quick results. 

The city sure ain't doing a damn thing. 

I sympathize with Akron folks because living in a bubble they don't know no better. They are use to living in crap. 

Akron has literally been surrounded by orange cones the past 5 years. 

So Lets not criticize any effort given 

And lol at criticizing Nike when damn near all the crap in your home comes from the same place 

This is where you are mistaken. The only thing LeBron has contributed to Akron is his name. He doesn't provide funding for his foundation or school. They are funded by corporations and charity organizations. In fact, LeBron has a reputation of being a cheapskate. As the many servers who have been stiffed by his greatness, my son being one of them.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Hilltopper said:

This is where you are mistaken. The only thing LeBron has contributed to Akron is his name. He doesn't provide funding for his foundation or school. They are funded by corporations and charity organizations. In fact, LeBron has a reputation of being a cheapskate. As the many servers who have been stiffed by his greatness, my son being one of them.

If you believe Lebron has not had and continue to have a positive impact on the Akron Economy you are a goddamn Fool 

Your mentality is exactly why I got the hell out of there. 

Edited by dre22era
  • Haha 1