Game 11- PCCC

clarkwgriswold

2 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

There are no miracles. 

It merely takes competency to win in the MAC. JD was a competent coach and won the MAC. Bowden was competent and won a bowl game. In 2021 we aren't as far from winning as you might think. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bigjim said:

At least Clarks Buckeyes are up 42-0 in the 2Q with the ball and 4 minutes to go in the 1H.  

Not "my" Buckeyes.  I am a Zips fan first.  I then generally root for other Ohio teams as I am proud of my state.  I also root for my son's alma mater, an east coast school to which I sent a lot of money. 

5 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Not "my" Buckeyes.  I am a Zips fan first.  I then generally root for other Ohio teams as I am proud of my state.  I also root for my son's alma mater, an east coast school to which I sent a lot of money. 

I hope that you root for your son's alma mater, unless they are playing the Zips and you are an alumuns.

I am rooting for Cincinnati to make the CFP, but it is highly unlikely under any scenario.  And I will root for all of the MAC schools in bowl games.  All MAC wins only elevate the conference.  

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, bigjim said:

You are kidding, right?  Coach O makes Arth look competent.

Not at all they've got nothing to lose you might as well trying to keep go for it just like how they did the onside kick at the beginning of the second half. Not his fault players can't execute it. 

Just now, NWAkron said:

not sure about hooking to Lebron but give Groce a million a year and a plane and recruiting $.  Convert Infocision into a basketball arena :)

You have one of the greatest athletes in the world in Akron (with $$$ and Nike)  and you don't want to hook up with him?  You must be on the board at UA 😕

18 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

only because it didn't seem to do so much for Dambrot when he was here.  That's all.

Our BBball has always been good even playing in a high school gym.  

Dambrot left so do you really think there was an intelligent embrace with Dambrot and Lebron?  NOPE!

Same thing happened when we had Bob Huggins.  The board flipped Huggins the bird and then gave Gerry Faust a blank check to move to D1 football.

1 minute ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Lovely, they're now getting pushed around by the backups.

I'm beginning to think the clanging bell sound effect is a warning of an impending first down rather than the 3rd down rally bell for the defense.

You are still watching?

11 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

This team is not better than the team that lost to PCCC in Arth's first year.  That's the simplest reason he had to go.

Anyone connected or affiliated with Arth needs to be "cleansed" from this program.  When the bus arrives back from Toledo, their should be some of those JAR ushers with packed buses awaiting the staff.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, a-zip said:

Our BBball has always been good even playing in a high school gym.  

Dambrot left so do you really think there was an intelligent embrace with Dambrot and Lebron?  NOPE!

Same thing happened when we had Bob Huggins.  The board flipped Huggins the bird and then gave Gerry Faust a blank check to move to D1 football.

I prefer to look forward.  The rehashing and regurgitating of prior alleged wrongs is beyond tiresome.  

7 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

I prefer to look forward.  The rehashing and regurgitating of prior alleged wrongs is beyond tiresome.  

I would love to look forward but when the same stupid mistakes continue, what do you expect?  The example I used was 30 years ago and then followed by more of the same.

So what do you want to look forward to?the-definition-of-insanity-is-doing-the-same-thing-over-36222068.png

1 hour ago, NWAkron said:

not sure about hooking to Lebron but give Groce a million a year and a plane and recruiting $.  Convert Infocision into a basketball arena :)

I've been away from Akron for a while now. Is Lebron the new Jim Tressel in that people around the area think he is the only person who can save whatever they think they want saved?

44 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

You are still watching?

Anyone connected or affiliated with Arth needs to be "cleansed" from this program.  When the bus arrives back from Toledo, their should be some of those JAR ushers with packed buses awaiting the staff.

I flipped it back on for a second.  I  loves me a good train wreck.

58 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

You are still watching?

Seconded. Most pitiful effort I’ve seen in a while. Couldn’t even score against a team that gave up 70 to WMU, 60 to CMU, 50 to NIU? If we lost 38-0 to Notre Dame, sure I get it. But we looked absolutely lost against the worst team possible.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, GP1 said:

I've been away from Akron for a while now. Is Lebron the new Jim Tressel in that people around the area think he is the only person who can save whatever they think they want saved?

I personally wouldn’t want anything to do with Lebron.  Absolutely loved him at one time for bringing a championship to Cleveland & for all things he has done for the Akron community.  It’s not that he left and went to Cali but that he went to Cali & got all woke.  He drives me nuts anymore 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, 94zipgrad said:

I personally wouldn’t want anything to do with Lebron.  Absolutely loved him at one time for bringing a championship to Cleveland & for all things he has done for the Akron community.  It’s not that he left and went to Cali but that he went to Cali & got all woke.  He drives me nuts anymore 

He makes money from an organization that takes a small fortune from a country, China, that literally has slave camps where an ethnic minority Muslim group is forced to work and he says nothing about it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1