2021 NCAA Tournament - v Santa Clara Nov 18th

Kentucky is one of a handful of teams with an excellent chance to take the cup.  That are all that.

But first things first.  Fans should not look past Santa Clara.  If coaches and players look past any opponent, especially in a single elimination tournament, well then, those fools deserve what they get.

• Like 1

I don't know, but this opening game seems somewhat similar to 2017 when Akron -- then ranked #3 played #22 Seattle of the WAC in what must have been round 2, as we had a first round bye.  We defeated the Redhawks 3-0.  This team has a much lower floor than that College Cup semi-finalist team.  The MAC season showed we must be prepared for every opponent.  However, I feel this team is capable of beating anyone in the tournament if they play up to their potential.  First round prediction:  Akron 3 SCU 1.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, fknbuflobo said:

Kentucky is one of a handful of teams with an excellent chance to take the cup.  That are all that.

But first things first.  Fans should not look past Santa Clara.  If coaches and players look past any opponent, especially in a single elimination tournament, well then, those fools deserve what they get.

College soccer news...appears to be predicting a Santa Clara win....

as you said it well, zips will have to bring it every game....

weather forecast is looking better..rain supposed to end around 11 am.....zips should be better equipped to handle 38 degrees and 12 mph winds

dress warm, zips fans !!!

https://collegesoccernews.com/mens-college-soccer-rapid-reactions-to-the-first-round-matchups-in-the-2021-ncaa-tournament/

Game day! My prediction: 2-1 Zips.

Not to get ahead, but I've not posted since the bracket was announced. I'm sure Kentucky did not want to see us as a potential opponent so early in the tournament.

We control our future. If playing to our potential, we are a Top 10 team and could win 3-4 games. Time to show some heart and character. Let's play Akron soccer!

Edited by UAZipster0305
  • Like 2

How are field conditions?  I see it's in the low 40s and no precip.  Anyone remember about 1981 when we played Wisconsin Green Bay in the first round and sleet and freezing rain fell until early afternoon before the game started around 2:00.  Bob Dowdy hired a helicopter to come in and fly about 40 or 50 feet above the field with the hope that the breeze blown up by the chopper would keep the field from freezing -- making it more playable.  I guess it worked -- the rain stopped before kickoff and the Zips won easily.

11 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

YELLOW?!?! 😡😡

I know the colors are blue and gold. But that kit is yellow. Brighter yellow than thr Force or the Crew.😜