Game 5- Fordham

clarkwgriswold

On a positive note the loss brings an early game tomorrow which some of us will get to miss due to work.

Fordham was projected to finish 14th (out of 14 teams) in the A-10 this year.  In last year's OOC schedule, the Zips had a competitive game against a top A-10 team, St. Bonaventure.  This year...

Edited by clarkwgriswold

20 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Looking forward to hearing Groce's post-game comments on this abomination.

Ya know. Well, you know i know you know we know we, ya know, competed out there. Hey, ya know if, ya know, you really, ya know, think about it, ya know we averaged, ya know, more than a point a uhhh... ya know, a minute. Ya know? 

Oops sorry, still shaking off the Arth postgames.

Something about teamism perhaps?

I find humor helpful during times like these. If I couldn't laugh I'd, well...ya know.

Edited by ZippyforPresident

10 minutes ago, GoZips88 said:

This could be the worst game I've watched since I DROVE to the VCU tourney game.

I can name a few.  Zips v Bulls in Q-Finals of MAC tourney in Groce's first year.  I think in Groce's second year they had an awful (get up and walk out) game v the Kittens and SaulBall...reminds me more of that game.

2 minutes ago, ZippyforPresident said:

Ya know. Well, you know i know you know we know we, ya know, competed out there. Hey, ya know if, ya know, you really, ya know, think about it, ya know we averaged, ya know, more than a point a uhhh... ya know, a minute. Ya know? 

Oops sorry, still shaking off the Arth postgames.

Something about teamism perhaps?

I find humor helpful during times like these. Sigh.

not enough players were "impactful."   

Groce post-game comments-

Fordham dominated for 40 minutes.

Zips soft on both ends of the floor.

It would have been a shame if we won that game and we didn't deserve to win.

Proud of that last group in- Dawson and Wynn and the guys battled.

No excuses, just didn't play well.

Didn't play very smart.  

Have to play and coach better tomorrow at 1:30.

17 minutes ago, clarkwgriswold said:

Groce post-game comments-

Fordham dominated for 40 minutes.

Zips soft on both ends of the floor.

It would have been a shame if we won that game and we didn't deserve to win.

Proud of that last group in- Dawson and Wynn and the guys battled.

No excuses, just didn't play well.

Didn't play very smart.  

Have to play and coach better tomorrow at 1:30.

That is what I witnessed. The key word out of all of that is “soft”.

This is what happens when you have no senior leadership.  When we would get in these shooting funks last year LCJ would drive to the hoop and dish for a basket or hit a jumper.  Ali, Trimble, Tribble, just could not spark anything.  Freeman was the only one who could score and they had some nice blocks on him in the second half.  Lets hope this game is a abberation.  After football and soccer, we are all looking for redemption in our b ball program.

7 minutes ago, 1981 grad said:

This is what happens when you have no senior leadership.  When we would get in these shooting funks last year LCJ would drive to the hoop and dish for a basket or hit a jumper.  Ali, Trimble, Tribble, just could not spark anything.  Freeman was the only one who could score and they had some nice blocks on him in the second half.  Lets hope this game is a abberation.  After football and soccer, we are all looking for redemption in our b ball program.

That is an excellent point about the leadership.  I do wonder what having zero competition did to this team over the past few weeks.  I watched the first few minutes and saw Casteneda getting pressured and dribbling all over the floor as if he was surprised someone was effectively guarding him.