Game 12- Toledo

clarkwgriswold

The game is at noon. I love it. Toledo is going to put on a football game in a clean stadium, good food, good tailgating and they field a good team. They don't give a flying poop that the OSU vs Michigan game is going on less than an hour away at the same time. Hats off to them for believing in their product. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, GP1 said:

The game is at noon. I love it. Toledo is going to put on a football game in a clean stadium, good food, good tailgating and they field a good team. They don't give a flying poop that the OSU vs Michigan game is going on less than an hour away at the same time. Hats off to them for believing in their product. 

Infocision isn't clean?

1 hour ago, GP1 said:

Yeah, because there's no Ohio State or TTUN fans in Toledo who would want to watch that rivalry game. 😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, NWAkron said:

Infocision isn't clean?

Cobwebs 😉 Actually I did wipe down some pretty dirty concession counters this June while volunteering for the Akron Marathon race series, but that was understandable after more than a year of nonuse.

Edited by ewbrooman1

4 hours ago, GP1 said:

Gametimes don't really get decided by the school

4 hours ago, zippy5 said:

Gametimes don't really get decided by the school

100% true.  I once asked the greatness that was Tom Wistercill about this and he told me that ESPN/CBS Sports/ Whoever else holds contracts controls all game times. For what its worth, he told me he would have held more night games. 

1 hour ago, zipsfan33 said:

100% true.  I once asked the greatness that was Tom Wistercill about this and he told me that ESPN/CBS Sports/ Whoever else holds contracts controls all game times. For what its worth, he told me he would have held more night games. 

I didn't like his personality, but we had some competitive teams during his tenure. 

• Like 1

I was hoping when the Schools was annonced that Akron+Toledo=Black Friday Fun! However I just hope how that this Dumpster Fire of a Season would end on a meanness Saturday........

Edited by lance99

I expect this game to get ugly. I know the players are playing a game they love, but I think a lot of them probably just want to get this over with as quick as possible. The coaching staff is about to be gone, they are not bowl eligible, they are bottom of the MAC...again, and so forth. Not a lot to play for. Sure, maybe their effort should be 100% every day, but I assume many of them are just checked out by now. Perhaps they will play strong to try to give Coach Rodriguez his first win as a head coach in D1? I don't know. 

But yeah, this will certainly be an L. 

I just want to give a shout out to the Zips Media person/team.  They have had very little to work with all season but day after day, week after week, they put up posts on twitter and Instagram trying to keep people interested, motivated and engaged.  Again a very challenging task given what they have available for content.   Great work - Happy Thanksgiving all. 

Also saw for the first time yesterday Scott Van Pelt commentary called "Bad Beats".  Seems like Akron football has several appearances this year and Akron basketball was featured when they lost to Ohio State.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1