Game 6- Gulf Coast Showcase Game 2

clarkwgriswold

Ever wonder if something is off with the rims? Not an excuse, but everyone looks ridiculous in all these games.

I know, this is probably the dumbest thing I've ever said on this board, but I've seen it happen before.

Edited by blueandgold

7 minutes ago, zipsrule said:

We're holding App State to 29.2% shooting - and we're losing.  We're shooting 23.1%.

15 minutes ago, LoyalZIP said:

I’ve never seen so many open misses by D1 players. This one could get ugly. 

When KD was coach, we had great shooters but we were not athletic and everybody on this board indicated that Akron should recruit athletes, we can always teach ball players to shoot.  Maybe we were wrong.  (LOL)

2 minutes ago, 1981 grad said:

When KD was coach, we had great shooters but we were not athletic and everybody on this board indicated that Akron should recruit athletes, we can always teach ball players to shoot.  Maybe we were wrong.  (LOL)

Tyler, LCJ, X, and Channel...no one on this team has the swagger those guys had...as of yet.  

effing dejavu with Aziz.  I could coach the other teams and tell them the bare minimum they need to do to beat Akron.

There was a time when I enjoyed looking at the MAC stats and see the Zips leading in FT shooting and 3 point % and close in other categories.

Going the same route as yesterday's game.  Whichever laid off professor put a curse on the athletic program did a good job!

Edited by NWAkron

Can’t hit the ocean. This is crazy. Absolutely crazy. 

What bums me out so badly right now is this is the team we should be able to rely on. To hang our hat on. Especially after a terrible football season and disappointing soccer season. If this team can’t improve, I may lose my mind. I care about this crap too much. 

1 minute ago, LoyalZIP said:

Can’t hit the ocean. This is crazy. Absolutely crazy. 

What bums me out so badly right now is this is the team we should be able to rely on. To hang our hat on. Especially after a terrible football season and disappointing soccer season. If this team can’t improve, I may lose my mind. I care about this crap too much. 

yeah, closing up my checkbook.  We've tried but I swear there's a curse.  11 point difference is made up in FTs.  +7 for them and -4 for Akron.

6 minutes ago, LoyalZIP said:

If this team can’t improve, I may lose my mind. I care about this crap too much. 

Amen on this.  Akron basketball has been my escape from the other garbage teams I watch (Browns, Zips football, Guardians/Indians).  At least the Cavs are fun to watch this year. 

I can only hope I'm getting too low after the optimism I had from the game in Columbus.

• Like 1