Game 7- Gulf Coast Showcase- Evansville

clarkwgriswold

If I wouldn't sound salty about Akron losing, I'd definitely ask for a refund on my $30.  The stream video quality is good enough, but everything else...

Took them 3 game minutes to get the score to change from 0-0.  The stream breaks at almost every commercial break and I have to disconnect/reconnect. The audio volume seems to fluctuate.  

Looks like another half with <30 points.  

1 minute ago, RowdyZip said:

If I wouldn't sound salty about Akron losing, I'd definitely ask for a refund on my $30.  The stream video quality is good enough, but everything else...

Took them 3 game minutes to get the score to change from 0-0.  The stream breaks at almost every commercial break and I have to disconnect/reconnect. The audio volume seems to fluctuate.  

Looks like another half with <30 points.  

Agreed. Horrible product for the price.

Shots are falling a little bit more today, but still many empty possessions on offense. These guys don't have any on-floor chemistry. Terrible iso-contested long two by Trimble followed up by a transition three from Dawson. No bueno

Now a second offensive foul by Walton...

Edited by LoyalZIP

2 minutes ago, zippypitt said:

No doubt Walton has been a dud thus far.  We need his scoring!

If KJ's funk continues throughout the season that has to fall at the feet of Groce, right?

KJ led Ball State in scoring last year.  He's a player and is experienced.  Something seriously wrong with our chemistry.

4 minutes ago, RowdyZip said:

Guys!  GUYS!  We have 23 points with 7 minutes left in the half.  Our 2nd 30-plus point half is so close I can TASTE it.

Don't speak too soon! Obviously don't want to rely on shooting this well from three, still need to attack the lane with more success and get Freeman more layups. D looks good, forcing long possessions and tough shots.

Zips up 33-20 at the half. Great defense, great outside shooting, horrid free throw shooting. I guess the trade off today is we're taking the outside shooting and giving away the freebies, so I feel less bad about having to shoot this well to have a lead.

Defense has been really good. They hit a bunch of contested shots early on, but made them less down the stretch. I'd have to look at the stats, but it feels like they're giving up quite a few second chance points. Tribble is playing well, only a couple of bad shot attempts. Ali on fire. Trimble cooled off a bit. Overall, solid half of basketball but this team still has a long way to go today.