Game 7- Gulf Coast Showcase- Evansville

clarkwgriswold

Zips win and cover! This was far from impressive, but the Zips toughed it out even when they couldn't get looks they wanted in the second half. Evansville played really tough in the second half and played well enough to win, they took advantage on nearly every one of Akron's busted coverages defensively.

I'm hoping that Groce has tought Tribble a lesson and given him some confidence. He was far from great today, but certainly much better. At the end of the day, the Zips need more from their guards. Clarke, Tribble, Walton (more of a forward, but still) and even Castaneda aren't leading the offense or making anything happen. This group lacks chemistry and it shows. Thank goodness they have a week to look in the mirror before their next test. I hope they can enjoy their Thanksgiving!

Speaking of, it would have been a miserable holiday going into it with three straight losses. Even though it shouldn't have come to this, I'm going to try to enjoy it regardless. Yikes, I'm starting to sound like I'm talking about an Akron football win!