Game 8- Marshall

clarkwgriswold

The Thundering Herd comes to the JAR next Wednesday to face the 3-3 Zips.  The Herd is 4-1 heading into a game against Indiana this Saturday.

The Herd is one of my favorite regular OOC games.  The games are generally competitive and D'Antoni's up tempo offense is always fun to watch.

Here's hoping some home cooking helps the Zips shooting.

3 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

The Thundering Herd comes to the JAR next Wednesday to face the 3-3 Zips.  The Herd is 4-1 heading into a game against Indiana this Saturday.

The Herd is one of my favorite regular OOC games.  The games are generally competitive and D'Antoni's up tempo offense is always fun to watch.

Here's hoping some home cooking helps the Zips shooting.

Also working in the Zip's favor is the fact that they no longer have to worry about an at-large bid to the dance.

1 hour ago, Zipmeister said:

Also working in the Zip's favor is the fact that they no longer have to worry about an at-large bid to the dance.

With the disdain the committee has for MAC schools they could probably go undefeated up until the MAC championship, lose it and be relegated to the NIT!

As such, I have put less importance on OOC games.

• Like 1

6-5 senior guard Taevion Kinsey leads the Herd at 19.6 ppg.  6-8 sophomore forward Obina Anochile-Killen is a factor inside grabbing nearly 9 rebounds a game with 27 blocks in 5 games.  He had 10 blocks against Jackson State.  6-3 junior guard Taylor Andrew averages 7.4 assists per game while scoring 10 ppg.

With the Herd's ability to score (82.8) and the Zips scoring issues I am afraid this one could be another loss.

• Sad 1

On 11/25/2021 at 8:28 AM, clarkwgriswold said:

6-5 senior guard Taevion Kinsey leads the Herd at 19.6 ppg.  6-8 sophomore forward Obina Anochile-Killen is a factor inside grabbing nearly 9 rebounds a game with 27 blocks in 5 games.  He had 10 blocks against Jackson State.  6-3 junior guard Taylor Andrew averages 7.4 assists per game while scoring 10 ppg.

With the Herd's ability to score (82.8) and the Zips scoring issues I am afraid this one could be another loss.

#FindAWay

On 11/25/2021 at 8:28 AM, clarkwgriswold said:

I was at the Indiana game on Saturday and Marshall looked pretty good. Their main problem was they had no one who could handle Jackson-Davis inside as he set an Assembly Hall record with 43 points. It may be a tough one for the Zips.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ewbrooman1 said:

I was at the Indiana game on Saturday and Marshall looked pretty good. Their main problem was they had no one who could handle Jackson-Davis inside as he set an Assembly Hall record with 43 points. It may be a tough one for the Zips.

They were up a point at half then were outscored by 12 in the second half.  They were outrebounded by 10.

$5 GA tickets for tonight. Also, if anyone could help me embed tweets, it would be appreciated. I'm simply copying and pasting the twitter URL as I've done in the past, but it hasn't worked the same since the update. I've also switched browsers to Microsoft Edge recently, so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Akron Zips Athletics | #FindAWay on Twitter: "Welcome to Day 1 of our 12 days of Zipsmas for 2021. Each day we will have a special deal just for you to get the best deals in Zips Athletics! Today, you can get $5 General Admission Tickets for tonight's @ZipsMBB game vs. Marshall. Click Here: https://t.co/6vjU0BwTUk https://t.co/Z0ucOsjbXH" / Twitter