Game 8- Marshall

clarkwgriswold

11 minutes ago, LZIp said:

I don't disagree with anyone's assessment on Walton. All I'm saying is the lack of fit should have been identified well before he was on the roster so that scholarship could go to somebody else who is making our team better right now. To double down, Fulford was coach at Missouri. I don't care enough to confirm they were there at the same time..but its pretty close looking at it. He should have known better.

That's perfectly reasonable.  As such, you need to get that out of here.  😛

6 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Can a player transfer in-season and play for another team during that same season, under the new transfer rules?

If so, I wonder if we'll look to add anyone since it's so early in the year. If not, I'd be ok burning a redshirt on one of the freshman guards to get a hopeful scoring boost. 

Toledo if I remember right got Willie Jackson from Mizz as he transferred midseason and they had a scholarship to spare. I believe he still had to sit out the remainder of the season, but he was able to help them the next year.

3 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

Toledo if I remember right got Willie Jackson from Mizz as he transferred midseason and they had a scholarship to spare. I believe he still had to sit out the remainder of the season, but he was able to help them the next year.

That was under the old transfer rules, and the mid-season transfer counted as his "sit-out" year, correct? 

12 hours ago, NWAkron said:

I like the Ball State message board a lot.  They are funny and smart.  My post on KJ got some comments over there.  They read too much into my mid-game missive.  Since they were confused, I will clarify:

https://overthepylon.boards.net/thread/3891/walton-grad-transfer?page=3

1.  Zips and KJ played like crap in Florida.  They come back from Florida.  KJ departs. The team plays exponentially better.  So I draw conclusion, that the team gels better without him...at least for one game.

2.  Yes, Groce is a high-level coach.  He is better than Whitford, even though Whitford won all those MAC West Championships over the 4 directional schools and that shady Toledo squad.  For me, Whitford was always one of my least favorite coaches who came to the JAR.

3.   I was joking when I blamed Whitford for KJ's behavior, but Groce (unlike Whitford apparently) has a very low level of patience for egomaniacs.  

What's it feel like be a legend on the Testicle Tech message board?clint eastwood legend GIF

16 minutes ago, LZIp said:

They also lost to BG.... :) 

As if we needed any more evidence that we live in strange times, who would have predicted Duquesne football would defeat OU in Athens and Duquesne hoops (with Falcon kryptonite Dambrot no less) would lose at home to BG in the same year?

Edited by johnnyzip84

22 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

This is beautiful.  Big smile, nice kid, braces, bloody nose, well-spoken...  

Enrique is such an awesome guy, this semester he worked for intramurals being one of the coordinators for Sunday afternoon soccer, never seen another student-athlete do that. I also love the question about his grades lol

• Like 3

4 hours ago, RowdyZip said:

Duquesne plays in Huntington tomorrow vs the Herd.  Those on the board that like to chastise Akron's winningest coach may want to take a look to do a comparison.

I don't think there are Dambrot haters outside of maybe 1-2 trolls. Anything that might have been perceived as Dambrot hate was mostly Akron fans retaliating against posters who masqueraded as Akron fans for a dozen years, but in reality were Dambrot fans who immediately abandoned the program and crapped on the university the second he left.

Edited by kreed5120
  • Thanks 1

Taylor leads Marshall past Duquesne on late shot

HUNTINGTON, W.Va. -- — Andrew Taylor made a 3-pointer with 10 seconds remaining to lift Marshall to a 72-71 win over Duquesne on Saturday night.

On the next possession for the Dukes, Amir Spears missed a layup, allowing the Thundering Herd to hang on for the victory.