Joe Moorhead Officially Hired as Head Football Coach

Dr Z

1 hour ago, bigjim said:

We are less than a week away from the opener, and I still have not received my tickets that I paid for in December (see above).  So, I made some phone calls to what I believe is the ticket office to ask what is going on and why have I not received my tickets and parking passes.  After some discussion, they have my tickets and told me to pick them up.  I told them that I live an hour and a half a way and asked if they could mail them.  They said that they would go out in today's mail.  Akron had my contact information (phone, cell phone, email, address) correct so there should not have been any issues in contacting me.

I personally find this performance completely unsatisfactorily.  It looks like they were trying to keep my money for two tickets and a parking pass.  I first got season tickets in the 80's, but I missed the last two years because of Covid.  I have been a very loyal alumnus with attending games, donations, and hiring many, many students from the University.  With that said, I am appalled at the actions of the University.  Basically, this is the result of that scumbag Guthrie.  I hope they send me my tickets and passes as promised or I will have a lot more to say.  

Sounds like some poor performance by the ticket office but you honestly believe that they were trying to screw you out if your tickets? Seriously doubt that was their plan 

Edited by MangoZip

19 hours ago, bigjim said:

I paid before it went electronic.  I did get emails from Akron, but none regarding tickets.  

I was and have been unable to acces my online account. I paid for seasons couple of months ago. I was told that somehow there were/are two online accounts in my name which was causing the problem. I requested they send me 'hard' copies of the tix. I finally received those this past weekTicket office said they would see if they could correct the problem at their end. So far, no go. Not exactly a smooth rollout.

I hate the soullessness of electronic tickets. I used to get a great package of goodies that came with my Wake Forest tickets. Beautiful printed tickets, parking passes, stickers, a pin signifying how many years you were a season ticket holder and one year it all came wrapped in a flag you could fly in your yard. 

Now, parking passes and an email about how to get your tickets. 🤮

• Like 2

On 8/26/2022 at 2:19 PM, bigjim said:

We are less than a week away from the opener, and I still have not received my tickets that I paid for in December (see above).  So, I made some phone calls to what I believe is the ticket office to ask what is going on and why have I not received my tickets and parking passes.  After some discussion, they have my tickets and told me to pick them up.  I told them that I live an hour and a half a way and asked if they could mail them.  They said that they would go out in today's mail.  Akron had my contact information (phone, cell phone, email, address) correct so there should not have been any issues in contacting me.

I personally find this performance completely unsatisfactorily.  It looks like they were trying to keep my money for two tickets and a parking pass.  I first got season tickets in the 80's, but I missed the last two years because of Covid.  I have been a very loyal alumnus with attending games, donations, and hiring many, many students from the University.  With that said, I am appalled at the actions of the University.  Basically, this is the result of that scumbag Guthrie.  I hope they send me my tickets and passes as promised or I will have a lot more to say.  

There goes your invite to the AD's loge to watch a game.😉

• Haha 1

On 8/27/2022 at 3:57 PM, GP1 said:

I hate the soullessness of electronic tickets. I used to get a great package of goodies that came with my Wake Forest tickets. Beautiful printed tickets, parking passes, stickers, a pin signifying how many years you were a season ticket holder and one year it all came wrapped in a flag you could fly in your yard. 

Now, parking passes and an email about how to get your tickets. 🤮

A couple years ago I made a collage of all my old Zips tickets. It sucks that the days of assembling something like what's below are over.

IMG_1227 (Medium).JPG

• Like 7

Agreed! I still have the first ticket I ever went to for an Indians game. My Uncle still has his ticket from the last game of Cleveland Browns in 1995. Makes me kinda sad those types of things my future kids won't ever get to experience. Sure, its a small thing, but it's cool for nostalgia purposes. 

5 hours ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

A couple years ago I made a collage of all my old Zips tickets. It sucks that the days of assembling something like what's below are over.

IMG_1227 (Medium).JPG

People will never again record their life memories in this manner and that's really sad. 

In my bonus room is a framed collection of two of my favorite spots memories. On one side is a photo of me, Mrs. GP1 (the luckiest woman in the world) and my now deceased parents at the last Pirates game at Three Rivers Stadium along with our ticket stubs. In the same frame next to it is a photo of me and Mrs. GP1 (the luckiest woman in the world) and our ticket stubs from the first game at PNC. 

Not getting real tickets stinks. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, GoZips86 said:

Club seats, correct? Are those pretty snazzy up there? I have lower level seats, but one day may head up that way lol. 

It's hard to believe that you're at a UA football game when you're up there. That's an experience that is truly unique to Akron when it comes to amenities at MAC/most G5 level. If JoeMo can get things rolling, it could end up being a hot ticket. Hopefully. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LoyalZIP said:

It's hard to believe that you're at a UA football game when you're up there. That's an experience that is truly unique to Akron when it comes to amenities at MAC/most G5 level. If JoeMo can get things rolling, it could end up being a hot ticket. Hopefully. 

I agree completely. I've sat in the Club level for the Cavs and Guardians and it felt the exact same way. The food selection wasn't the same, but the atmosphere, seats and everything else just felt top notch. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LoyalZIP said:

2 hours ago, akzipper said:

I agree completely. I've sat in the Club level for the Cavs and Guardians and it felt the exact same way. The food selection wasn't the same, but the atmosphere, seats and everything else just felt top notch. 

Man, I NEED to get up there sometime! Sounds awesome!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

WVU fired its AD Shane Lyons (father of our former long snapper Cameron Lyons). Neal Brown is probably gone IMO. There's only 2 jobs I could see Joe Mo leaving for, WVU and Pitt as they would be P5 programs that are closer to home. With our season, I don't think he'd be a candidate at WVU, so we can probably cross them off of being an option for the next 5 years.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LZIp said:

WVU fired its AD Shane Lyons (father of our former long snapper Cameron Lyons). Neal Brown is probably gone IMO. There's only 2 jobs I could see Joe Mo leaving for, WVU and Pitt as they would be P5 programs that are closer to home. With our season, I don't think he'd be a candidate at WVU, so we can probably cross them off of being an option for the next 5 years.

He's right where he wants to be, not just UofA but Akron, Ohio. Morgantown is a horrible place. It's so awful their previous coach left for an AAC school somewhere more attractive to live. 

2 hours ago, LZIp said:

+1. Check out Gold and Blue Dude on youtube for any and all speculation around WVU and college football in general.