Moorhead’s Akron Coaching Staff 2022

akrzips2012

Can't blame OU fans for attempting to talk smack. I guarantee you they're scared..not only for our hire but for the product whats his face put on the field for them this past season. A true double whammy.

I'm sure Kent fans are worried as well, but there aren't enough of them that know how to use the internet for us to see.

Edited by LZIp
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, akzipper said:

He must be friends with that Jacob Corrigan guy who worked for OU as like a media intern or something like 10 years ago. I remember he used to go out of his way to be a prick to Akron fans on social media and might have had an account here too? Must have been a real thorn since I still remember him by name after all these years. 

The best thing to do with this idiots is ignore them. Just save the receipts and fire back at them when Akron beats OU. 

I don’t think I’ve heard that loser’s name since Akron kicked their ass in the 2013 MAC title. What an arrogant OU intern blowhard. I guess that statement is pretty redundant. The most arrogant fan base in the league, and it’s not even close. 

5 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Am I missing any positions?

HC: Joe Moorhead; Big East, Big Ten, SEC, Pac12

OC: 

DC:

QBs: Billy Fessler; Big Ten, SEC

RBs: Terry Richardson; Big East, ACC, SEC, NFL

WRs: David Gilbertson; AAC, Pac12

TEs: Reno Ferri; ACC, MAC

OL: Joel Rodriguez; ACC, CUSA

DL: Winston DeLattiboudere; PAC12, CUSA

LBs:

DBs: Tre' Bell; SEC, ACC

ST: Allen Tucker; SEC

UPDATED 12/13 2:00pm

What a concept, hiring coaches with not only D1 experience, but also P5! Certainly a change from his predecessor. 🙄

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LoyalZIP said:

I don’t think I’ve heard that loser’s name since Akron kicked their ass in the 2013 MAC title. What an arrogant OU intern blowhard. I guess that statement is pretty redundant. The most arrogant fan base in the league, and it’s not even close. 

If I remember correctly he pissed off enough Zips fans that some were ready to confront him in person. The internet tough guy probably figured it was best to shut his mouth. 

They definitely care more about the Zips than we care about them. Our rival is Kent. I couldn't care less about OU. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Am I missing any positions?

HC: Joe Moorhead; Big East, Big Ten, SEC, Pac12

OC: 

DC:

QBs: Billy Fessler; Big Ten, SEC

RBs: Terry Richardson; Big East, ACC, SEC, NFL

WRs: David Gilbertson; AAC, Pac12

TEs: Reno Ferri; ACC, MAC

OL: Joel Rodriguez; ACC, CUSA

DL: Winston DeLattiboudere; PAC12, CUSA

LBs:

DBs: Tre' Bell; SEC, ACC

ST: Allen Tucker; SEC

UPDATED 12/13 2:00pm

If this list is correct,

then I assume the DC

will also coach the LBs

8 hours ago, akzipper said:

If I remember correctly he pissed off enough Zips fans that some were ready to confront him in person. The internet tough guy probably figured it was best to shut his mouth. 

They definitely care more about the Zips than we care about them. Our rival is Kent. I couldn't care less about OU. 

OU runs a close second for me.  It's actually a very heated rivalry.  

9 hours ago, akzipper said:

Nice proper use of "couldn't care less."  OU is more of a basketball rivalry than football.  In basketball, the hatred on both sides runs deep.

47 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:
48 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

Do you think the OC will also be a position coach?

The clues seem to me to be that the next OC is none other than JoeMo. The QB coach is too inexperienced to be the OC and if I was the HC I would want to call my offense for at least one year and see how things shake out.

If the LB job is still open, I see that person being the next DC.

We are getting a lot of really good assistants. Makes me think UofA isn't just opening their wallet for a new HC, but some quality assistants as well. Sometimes you have to give a little to get something. Maybe the tradeoff is there can't be enough budget for a person to just have a coordinators job.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2021 at 9:22 AM, Let'sGoZips94 said:

My guess is an OC & a DC will be hired, but are probably higher-profile names coaching for teams in bowl games at the moment. Every coach that has been announced is either unemployed, not in a bowl game, or a GA. 

OC and DC may not have "officially" been hired, but it's a safe bet they have already agreed to join the staff and are significantly higher profile than the already announced assistants (who have relatively little experience and probably agreed to relatively low salaries which saves funds to sign the higher profile coordinators). Announcements of the Zip's new OC and DC should occur sometime during bowl season (the longer the wait, the better the news).