Moorhead’s Akron Coaching Staff 2022

akrzips2012

Current Lineup:

HC: Joe Moorhead  (Big East, Big Ten, SEC, Pac12)

ST: Allen Tucker  (SEC)

OC: Joe Moorhead

QBs: Billy Fessler  (Big Ten, SEC)

RBs: Terry Richardson  (Big East, ACC, SEC, NFL)

WRs: David Gilbertson  (AAC, Pac12)

TEs: Reno Ferri  (ACC, MAC)

OL: Joel Rodriguez  (ACC, CUSA)

DC: Nick Toth  (PAC12, SEC, MWC, CUSA)

DL: Winston DeLattiboudere  (PAC12, CUSA)

LBs: Nick Toth 

DBs: Tre' Bell  (SEC, ACC)

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

Current Lineup:

HC: Joe Moorhead  (Big East, Big Ten, SEC, Pac12)

ST: Allen Tucker  (SEC)

OC: Joe Moorhead

QBs: Billy Fessler  (Big Ten, SEC)

RBs: Terry Richardson  (Big East, ACC, SEC, NFL)

WRs: David Gilbertson  (AAC, Pac12)

TEs: Reno Ferri  (ACC, MAC)

OL: Joel Rodriguez  (ACC, CUSA)

DC: Nick Toth  (PAC12, SEC, MWC, CUSA)

DL: Winston DeLattiboudere  (PAC12, CUSA)

LBs: Nick Toth 

DBs: Tre' Bell  (SEC, ACC)

I'm a little concerned that I'm not seeing any Ohio Athletic Conference or Southern Conference experience.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, adzip said:

Neal Renna has been hired to coach safeties- from Eastern Ill with time at Missouri

While it's not exactly what Clark wanted, now we can add the Kansas Collegiate Athletic Conference to the list of conferences from which our new coaching staff cut their coaching teeth.

I'm pretty sure if we go back far enough for the rest of the new staff, we could add numerous equally impressive conferences. Somebody get on this asap to help address Clark's concern.

1 hour ago, adzip said:

Neal Renna has been hired to coach safeties- from Eastern Ill with time at Missouri

This gives Akron its 10th assistant, so I now believe we have a full staff.  Can still hire Quality Control, Grad Assistants, and Weight coaches, but it looks like the staff is full.  Glad to have a 4th defensive assistant coach.  

https://eiupanthers.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/neal-renna/926

14 hours ago, LoyalZIP said:

Can’t be stated enough how blown away I am by the experience gap between this staff and the previous. Truly unbelievable and maybe even unprecedented. 

Yes, and the salaries we were paying our assistants under Arth seemed to be pretty inline with what other MAC assistants were making. It just seemed he went out and brought in his cronies instead of bringing in experienced assistants, which he needed as he was new to FBS. I suppose Moorhead is doing the same in bringing in people he knows. He just has way better connections lol

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 94zipgrad said:

Staff introductions must be coming

I'm not normally a sucker for the BS "by the numbers" graphics that the media likes to fling around like food in a middle school cafeteria food fight, but DAMN are those impressive numbers. What. A. Hire.

6-0 in rivalry games. @seanlewis 👀

• Like 1

15 hours ago, a-zip said:

Screen Shot 2022-01-07 at 4.37.14 PM.png

I'd just like to say the Zips are not back. To what?  I don't want to Zips to be back. I want them to be better than ever and they are on track to do that. If you aren't eager to see where this goes, you are a joyless human. 

Edited by GP1
  • Haha 2

Beggars can't be choosers, and don't get me wrong I am impressed with the staff. But a lot of the "experience" we're touting is as a GA at a big school like Fessler. A good amount of the staff comes from bigger programs and places but are in their first spot in the role they are in now. Hoping it works out and I'm optimistic but I feel like a lot of the experience we're boasting is a little misguided.

Edited by zippy5

1 hour ago, zippy5 said:

Beggars can't be choosers, and don't get me wrong I am impressed with the staff. But a lot of the "experience" we're touting is as a GA at a big school like Fessler. A good amount of the staff comes from bigger programs and places but are in their first spot in the role they are in now. Hoping it works out and I'm optimistic but I feel like a lot of the experience we're boasting is a little misguided.

You are correct. However, JM has proven in the past he can deal with inexperienced staffs. He was a HC on 1AA and won. There are loads of inexperienced coaches at that level. It's all how you deal with them. Probably more handholding, but that's part of the G5 choice. 

If one looks around the MAC, this staff's make up isn't unusual. I welcome the fresh faces eager to make a name for themselves in the coaching ranks.