Moorhead’s Akron Coaching Staff 2022

akrzips2012

He said during the Press Conference that the full staff will be in place by January 2nd. It sounds like he has the people lined up, but he alluded to it really being a matter of HR finalization.

Edited by blueandgold

Once it became clear mid last week that JoMo was going to be the guy, I heard from multiple people that he as already reaching out about potential staff, and we've seen the JUCO get offered. I think there are definitely more than we're hearing about working under the radar to get things going, and then its balls to the wall come Jan. 2.

16 minutes ago, Fight For Zippy said:

Could we see Paul Rhoads join the staff as Defensive Coordinator…..  Coach Moorhead  mentioned him in the press conference. Currently Coach Rhoads is a defensive analyst at Ohio State. 

Interesting thought. OSUcks just hired their Cowboy brother's DC to the same position. Not sure what that means for Rhoads. 

2 hours ago, zippy5 said:

Rhoads is a really good DC imo 

Paul Rhoads is a really great person too.  And while he might aspire to being a head coach again, I could see him really enjoying a position as DC for Akron.  Make it happen!  

I don't know much about his hires, but from what I can tell so far they seem solid.  Again, I don't know much, but it seems like there might be more funding for assistants with a little better experience than D3. 

Credibility of assistants is key to capturing the attention of high school coaches. Capturing their attention gets better recruits. Better recruits make coaches look good because they win. 

On 12/7/2021 at 9:17 AM, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Here is a list of experience on this staff so far...

HC: Joe Moorhead; Big East, Big Ten, SEC, Pac12

OC: 

DC:

QBs: Billy Fessler; Big Ten, SEC

RBs: Terry Richardson; Big East, ACC, SEC, NFL

WRs: David Gilbertson; AAC, Pac12

TEs: Reno Ferri; ACC, MAC

OL: Joel Rodriguez; ACC, CUSA

DL: Winston DeLattiboudere, PAC12, CUSA

LBs:

DBs: Tre' Bell, SEC, ACC

UPDATED 12/13 12:40pm

Updated and quoting this so it stays current with the discussion and isn't lost on page 2. I learned this tactic from @Illini Zip and his thorough updates on the Zips Men's Basketball Scholarship thread.

Edited by Let'sGoZips94
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

It seems a bit odd that the whole staff is pretty much in place excluding the 2 most important positions. I have to think Moorhead has people lined up and who they are just hasn't leaked yet.

I'm really hoping this means those two positions will be filled by higher-profile names that are coaching in Bowl Games. 

49 minutes ago, kreed5120 said:

It seems a bit odd that the whole staff is pretty much in place excluding the 2 most important positions. I have to think Moorhead has people lined up and who they are just hasn't leaked yet.

I agree. I don't think the HC would hire all the underlings without the consultation of the OC/DC.

3 minutes ago, ZippyRulz said:

I agree. I don't think the HC would hire all the underlings without the consultation of the OC/DC.

I mentioned earlier in this thread that Moorhead made it sound like he already has all the assistants chosen, but it is merely a matter of HR procedures.

1 minute ago, NWAkron said:

This is all crazy.  I mean like we will have a first class coaching staff to go with our first class facilities?  And @LoyalZIP our first class car washer.

This is absolutely crazy. I can’t say it enough to anyone I’ve talked to. Has a program that’s gone 3-27 over three seasons ever brought in this kind of experience before? This ST coach has been a Mississippi State lifer, now he’s jumping ship to go to Akron. I’m blown away! Can’t wait to get to washing!

• Haha 1

Am I missing any positions?

OC: 

DC: Nick Toth; PAC12, SEC, MWC, CUSA

DL: Winston DeLattiboudere; PAC12, CUSA

LBs:

DBs: Tre' Bell; SEC, ACC

ST: Allen Tucker; SEC

UPDATED 12/18 4:56pm

Edited by Let'sGoZips94

7 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

If you wanna get a little fired up, read what an OU employee named B. David Ridpath is saying about Akron in the replies to this tweet.

He seems to forget 50+ years of OU football incompetence. Oh, and the championship drought dating back to 1968. Fraud program. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Am I missing any positions?

OC: 

DC:

DL: Winston DeLattiboudere; PAC12, CUSA

LBs:

DBs: Tre' Bell; SEC, ACC

ST: Allen Tucker; SEC

UPDATED 12/13 2:00pm

I don't think we'll really know until everything is finalized. Ex - prior staff had ILB and OLB coaches. I've seen staffs with safeties and corner coaches. Also will have a recruiting coordinator and strength & conditioning coach for sure if you want to count them.

1 hour ago, Blue & Gold said:

If you wanna get a little fired up, read what an OU employee named B. David Ridpath is saying about Akron in the replies to this tweet.

He must be friends with that Jacob Corrigan guy who worked for OU as like a media intern or something like 10 years ago. I remember he used to go out of his way to be a prick to Akron fans on social media and might have had an account here too? Must have been a real thorn since I still remember him by name after all these years. 

The best thing to do with this idiots is ignore them. Just save the receipts and fire back at them when Akron beats OU. 

Edited by akzipper
  • Like 1