Game 10- Florida A & M

clarkwgriswold

Just wanted to say how wrong I was about Tribble this year.  In our preseason talk I had him penciled in as riding the pine behind X & Clarke at PG and/or Walton & Dawson @ 2G.  But Tribble's pretty much turned into our best PG & Groce puts the ball in his hands when it's crunch time.  Way to prove me wrong, Greg!!! 💪💪

tenor-160688624.gif.faaeabfedd84cfe8e56bfa6732b742bf.gif

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

Just wanted to say how wrong I was about Tribble this year.  In our preseason talk I had him penciled in as riding the pine behind X & Clarke at PG and/or Walton & Dawson @ 2G.  But Tribble's pretty much turned into our best PG & Groce puts the ball in his hands when it's crunch time.  Way to prove me wrong, Greg!!! 💪💪

He's playing the point a little more than I expected.  It was interesting to see the brief periods yesterday when he, Clark and X were on the court at the same time.  I like the idea of X playing the 2 occasionally and focusing on getting off his shot.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, GoZips86 said:

I watched the game. Correct me if I'm wrong, but attendance usually isn't that low, correct? I swear not but maybe I'm wrong? Seemed like a VERY LOW attendance. Granted, it was on a Sunday afternoon during NFL season in NE Ohio, but still. 

And?

Edited by NWAkron

Announced attendance for yesterday's game: 1529

Announced attendance for 2019 season Dec 8, 2pm Sunday game vs Southern: 2036

Announced attendance for 2019 season Dec 15, 2pm Sunday game vs Concord: 1964

I don't know if there was a women's double header on the same day as those 2019 games, but I'd have to think if that game didn't get canceled, we would have had a few hundred more there. Also COVID does have an impact, though how much is debatable.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, LZIp said:

Announced attendance for yesterday's game: 1529

Announced attendance for 2019 season Dec 8, 2pm Sunday game vs Southern: 2036

Announced attendance for 2019 season Dec 15, 2pm Sunday game vs Concord: 1964

I don't know if there was a women's double header on the same day as those 2019 games, but I'd have to think if that game didn't get canceled, we would have had a few hundred more there. Also COVID does have an impact, though how much is debatable.

Speaking for myself and my 4 usual tickets, we haven't been to a game yet.  We still purchased the tickets as a show of support for UA, but I don't see myself back in-person at a game until next season.  This is out of an excessive abundance of caution with two little ones and a spouse with immune issues.  Probably being over-the-top, but there's still a lot nobody knows about this virus, so I don't see the point in attending when I can see a game on TV. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

1529 seems generous.

I remember watching the Zips draw under 900 to a pay-to-host tourney game (Wisconsin Green Bay in the CIT I believe) and the crowd yesterday seemed smaller than that one.  Reminds me of the old Municipal Stadium days of the Indians.  Go by the tickets sold and round up.   

15 minutes ago, Zip JD said:

I remember watching the Zips draw under 900 to a pay-to-host tourney game (Wisconsin Green Bay in the CIT I believe) and the crowd yesterday seemed smaller than that one.  Reminds me of the old Municipal Stadium days of the Indians.  Go by the tickets sold and round up.   

I think I nailed it?

image.png

18 minutes ago, Zip JD said:

Ugh.  That same game came to mind on Sunday.  If I remember correctly, that game was on a weeknight and the weather was sunny and no one showed up.  They let everyone move down from the bleachers.

9 hours ago, ZippyRulz said:

Where is the pep band?

Right down below.  They are now on the same end as the UA team, towards the northwest corner where the Zips come out.  The silly courtside lounge is now where they used to be.  They weren't there for this game.

Edited by clarkwgriswold

21 hours ago, clarkwgriswold said:

PXL_20211212_191844157-small.jpg

Yesterday's crowd.

Winter break REALLY put a damper on some momentum I thought we might have with attendance. Students seem to be pretty excited about this season, so I'd imagine that once we get back from break there will be a solid student section at most games. They really need to do a better job at reaching the general community though

1 hour ago, Reslife4Life said:

Winter break REALLY put a damper on some momentum I thought we might have with attendance. Students seem to be pretty excited about this season, so I'd imagine that once we get back from break there will be a solid student section at most games. They really need to do a better job at reaching the general community though

To the credit of the two rows of the students that were there, they were very vocal and into the game.  The students seem to be developing a nice core.

• Like 2

On 12/13/2021 at 7:37 AM, Blue & Gold said:

Takes some real steel to be able to walk that back we need more of that in the world