Zips Primary Logo

a-zip

Primary Logo Poll  

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Congratulations Mr. Guthrie and Dr. Miller for hiring Coach Joe Moorhead.  You have renewed my faith in the program and I cannot wait to see the results.  Please change all of our sports back to the "Z" Logo.  When we had them they were considered one of the best and unique uniforms in the NCAA.  Hopefully this post will get enough likes to show you it is what the fans want.  

gettyimages-848056882-612x612.jpg

usa_today_9608477.0.thumb.jpg.bf8e662ccd7ee216fe0e81652af28937.jpg

akronwhite.thumb.jpg.c62f99ec260960804dd1384c39a2201c.jpg.f34ea80020bd30a210a05988cb2cb13b.jpg

Edited by a-zip
add pic
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I actually really like the script Akron-- feels like UCLA or Pitt which I think are unique-- and more importantly it tells a viewer where this team is from, who it is. I can see using the script Akron as primary and the Z as a secondary logo.  The Z is stronger than the old A with the roo for sure. 

BTW, I am a brand and marketing nerd so my 2cents, while just my opinion, is rooted in the idea that just seeing a 'Z' is to obscure to derive any identity or meaning.  

1 hour ago, LAZipFan said:

I actually really like the script Akron-- feels like UCLA or Pitt which I think are unique-- and more importantly it tells a viewer where this team is from, who it is. I can see using the script Akron as primary and the Z as a secondary logo.  The Z is stronger than the old A with the roo for sure. 

BTW, I am a brand and marketing nerd so my 2cents, while just my opinion, is rooted in the idea that just seeing a 'Z' is to obscure to derive any identity or meaning.  

So if it feels like UCLA or Pitt, how is it unique?

Edited by a-zip
typo

Personally, I do not like the Roo.  But in reality, I can live with anything.  I will let all you hens on this forum talk about the uniforms and logos.  I just want a smash mouth football team that wins the MAC and is competitive in OOC games.  I feel like I am in high school with Suzy saying, did you see what Mary is wearing?  C'mon, let's worry about football.  

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, bigjim said:

Personally, I do not like the Roo.  But in reality, I can live with anything.  I will let all you hens on this forum talk about the uniforms and logos.  I just want a smash mouth football team that wins the MAC and is competitive in OOC games.  I feel like I am in high school with Suzy saying, did you see what Mary is wearing?  C'mon, let's worry about football.  

Are you from the 1920's? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, TheZipCat said:

I like ALL of our logos. Use all of them. I miss this one being represented more, because Zippy is unique.

image.png.0a9d43b58f5c52ec9a3e054eaae78168.png

As for our on the field Helmets:

image.thumb.png.a7ac320190b336b7f5e138cf7270f9f2.png

image.thumb.png.b05728f9461d0ccb77ef743267b9ba63.png

This. These. All of them.

Why get away from what makes us unique, only to go to one of the most generic and common types of logos?

• Like 1

For the record, I do like the Script Akron.  But not as our primary logo.

I love the Z as our primary logo.  It's unique and cool.  The kids love it (actually very important).

My second favorite mark is the Zippy which I'm using as my avatar.  Terribly underused on our uniforms, IMHO.

I also like the Fear the Roo head we sometimes use.  (The one where you only see the top of Zippy's head & he's looking right at you.)

I have never liked the A-Roo head.  IMO, it's busy, difficult to even tell what it's supposed to be (especially from any distance) and makes Zippy look like a donkey 😂

Edited by Blue & Gold
  • Like 1