Zips Primary Logo

a-zip

Primary Logo Poll  

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It seems the M.O. is to change the logo every couple of years to sell a new round of merchandise. I hate to see what they try next.

1 hour ago, GoZips86 said:

I'm hopeful. I'm assuming it'll be the Z logo again, but maybe a bit different? I don't think they can mess it up that much.

Well, yeah, they could. But...I'm hopeful. 

Don't hold me to this, but I'm told it's a simple A or UA. I'm imagining taking the new Vanderbilt V logo and turning it upside down.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MangoZip said:

Is this rebrand really happening? I haven’t seen anything from the university or in the news about this. Is it the entire school? Just the athletic dept? So many questions! 

Yes it is really happening. Stay tuned.

• Like 1

"Script Akron" is a stock Nike font. It looks like the nostalgic dream of some guy in his 60's with z-e-r-o modern graphic design acumen.

It's wholly unsexy. It's completely unimaginative.

The stand-alone "Akron" visually connects to the city of Akron, and in no way associates with the University.

I pray Guthrie has the acumen to sift through the scores of poor opinions and select something that looks cool on a helmet or t-shirt, looks cool next to our score on a televised event, is something the alumni and community can rally around, and sells a lot of merchandise. 

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

"Script Akron" is a stock Nike font. It looks like the nostalgic dream of some guy in his 60's with z-e-r-o modern graphic design acumen.

It's wholly unsexy. It's completely unimaginative.

The stand-alone "Akron" visually connects to the city of Akron, and in no way associates with the University.

I pray Guthrie has the acumen to sift through the scores of poor opinions and select something that looks cool on a helmet or t-shirt, looks cool next to our score on a televised event, is something the alumni and community can rally around, and sells a lot of merchandise. 

I don't really care if it's stock Nike or not. Didn't know that Nike owned the script form of writing. I just think it looks classy and somewhat unique.

Numerous school logos only represent their respective city or state and not necessarily the university so I don't think that's a big deal.  I think the ideal scenario is a new unique logo that incorporates the name/letter as well as the mascot. One thing that we can be sure of is that everyone will not like it. 

4 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Whatever they do, it has to be timeless. We have 3 premier sports programs ready to take their respective next steps in notoriety, and the goal should be to establish a logo that becomes recognizable and synonymous with the University of Akron. 

I've seen it and it's not timeless. It is better than script Akron but that's a very low bar. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, akzipper said:

I think the only thing worse than the current script "logo", would be Akron in papyrus font.

Comic Sans. 😂

I'll mention again, I like the Script Akron on the front of baseball & basketball jerseys.  It's classic.  Since it's pulled straight off a Nike website it's just not appropriate as a primary logo for a D-1 school.

• Like 2