Zips Primary Logo

a-zip

Primary Logo Poll  

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

52 minutes ago, Section210Zip said:

in a related / unrelated question. Does anyone have a jpg or png of the old moving A (flying A)? We always called it the moving A back in the day but when we did the throw back jersey a few years ago, they called it the flying A. Its impossible to find one on the internet. I have copies of all the other logo's but that one. I wanted to use it for my throw back paint scheme on iRacing but was unsuccessful in finding an image of the logo. 

1 hour ago, Section210Zip said:

in a related / unrelated question. Does anyone have a jpg or png of the old moving A (flying A)? We always called it the moving A back in the day but when we did the throw back jersey a few years ago, they called it the flying A. Its impossible to find one on the internet. I have copies of all the other logo's but that one. I wanted to use it for my throw back paint scheme on iRacing but was unsuccessful in finding an image of the logo. 

Are you looking for the gold/blue one from the 80s? Because they have the yellow/blue one from the 90s here.

1 hour ago, 94zipgrad said:

I don’t see it on there, it’s the one above with the 3 A’s & kinda looks like the Central Michigan C I think

Classic logo. Tha’s the Flying A from the 80’s. I didn’t like the 90’s Flying A as much, but that’s when they also changed our gold to yellow, which didn’t help it at all.

Edited by Blue & Gold

31 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

Classic logo. Tha’s the Flying A from the 80’s. I didn’t like the 90’s Flying A as much, but that’s when they also changed our gold to yellow, which didn’t help it at all.

+1

When I go back and look at old videos or pics I wonder every time why we went with that ugly yellow

On 5/13/2022 at 10:06 AM, GJGood said:

Maybe do something to more clearly see that there is a ‘z’ within the A without it taking away from the A itself?

Probably a fear of becoming too gimmicky is what prevented this. It was all about the A(kron).

Edited by ZippyRulz

The new logo looks fine to me, but my bottom line is ... Akron alumni, fans, supporters, etc., wear Akron gear, new logo or preferred older logo, but not some other school's gear. Go Zips!

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Zip_ME87 said:

The new logo looks fine to me, but my bottom line is ... Akron alumni, fans, supporters, etc., wear Akron gear, new logo or preferred older logo, but not some other school's gear. Go Zips!

This is incorrect. I've always noticed a lot of people wearing some school in Columbus' gear. Even to Zips games. I've been told that's the only real school in Ohio. 

51 minutes ago, akzipper said:

This is incorrect. I've always noticed a lot of people wearing some school in Columbus' gear. Even to Zips games. I've been told that's the only real school in Ohio. 

Sorry my statement wasn't clear enough. That was my point. That needs to stop.

There's a lot of Akron gear out there with various logos. Some day, the new logo will likely be most prevalent, but I don't care what older Akron logo someone wears as long as all Akron alumni, fans, supporters, etc., wear Akron gear, new logo or preferred older logo, but not some other school's gear. Go Zips!

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Zip_ME87 said:

Sorry my statement wasn't clear enough. That was my point. That needs to stop.

There's a lot of Akron gear out there with various logos. Some day, the new logo will likely be most prevalent, but I don't care what older Akron logo someone wears as long as all Akron alumni, fans, supporters, etc., wear Akron gear, new logo or preferred older logo, but not some other school's gear. Go Zips!

It's always discouraging when one has to explain the obvious.

On 5/14/2022 at 3:11 PM, Zip_ME87 said:

Good to know I can still wear my old Zips gear. My sports apparel budget can't handle new Guardians and Zips gear in the same year. 😉 (Not that most stores are very well stocked with G's stuff anyway)

Edited by ewbrooman1

1 hour ago, ewbrooman1 said:

Good to know I can still wear my old Zips gear. My sports apparel budget can't handle new Guardians and Zips gear in the same year. 😉 (Not that most stores are very well stocked with G's stuff anyway)

It's crazy to me how Fanatics has completely monopolized sports apparel markets online. The Akron Bookstore site, Lids, Guardians/MLB shop, NFL Shop, MLB Shop, NHL Shop, everything is basically the same site with the same selections. The worst part is at least half of the stuff is manufactured by Fanatics too and it is the worst quality apparel I have ever seen. Horrible selections when it comes to Guardians stuff and only two Akron items with the new logo. I'm not interested in the plain blue hoodie and shirt. My guess is they won't have a decent selection until the fall. 

Having said that, I was surprised how much Guardians stuff I found at Khols up here in Erie. Usually stores here only sell Pittsburgh teams and Penn State garbage. Even though there are just as many Cleveland fans. My wife has a million dollars worth of Khols cash so I took advantage of that to get some discounts.

1 hour ago, akzipper said:

It's crazy to me how Fanatics has completely monopolized sports apparel markets online. The Akron Bookstore site, Lids, Guardians/MLB shop, NFL Shop, MLB Shop, NHL Shop, everything is basically the same site with the same selections. The worst part is at least half of the stuff is manufactured by Fanatics too and it is the worst quality apparel I have ever seen. Horrible selections when it comes to Guardians stuff and only two Akron items with the new logo. I'm not interested in the plain blue hoodie and shirt. My guess is they won't have a decent selection until the fall. 

Having said that, I was surprised how much Guardians stuff I found at Khols up here in Erie. Usually stores here only sell Pittsburgh teams and Penn State garbage. Even though there are just as many Cleveland fans. My wife has a million dollars worth of Khols cash so I took advantage of that to get some discounts.

Funny, I was in the Kohls in Tallmadge last week and they didn't have very much. I didn't even see a hat. Same can be said for a recent visit to JC Penney. 

On 5/13/2022 at 4:37 PM, Section210Zip said:

+1

When I go back and look at old videos or pics I wonder every time why we went with that ugly yellow

I recall hearing from some players during the Owens years that members of his staff were fond of the Green Bay Packers.  If you look at the uniforms from those years, and imagine the green and blue being interchangeable, it's easy to see the resemblance.

• 1 month later...