Zips Primary Logo

a-zip

Primary Logo Poll  

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, MangoZip said:

Anderson High School, Cincinnati 🤔

23CF57FE-E8EB-433E-A115-6C3EEED1B30A.jpeg

The logo is bit skewed because of the camera angle. Aside from the serifs and both letters being A's, there aren't as many similarities as it would seem.

ecMTpSPXPZQrVxg-1600x900-noPad.jpg?15198site.png

Regardless, Anderson High School switched their mascot from Redskins to Raptors in 2020 and along with it came a new logo. I'm assuming they just haven't switched the turf yet or that's an old video. Funny thing is it actually looks like they used old Akron font for the "A" or something very similar.

Edited by akzipper
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So looking online at the team shop, looks like the only offers for the rebrand are still a navy t-shirt or a navy hoodie with the new A logo.  I tried calling them, but of course no one answered.  Anyone happen to know if there's more of a selection at the bookstore or the Infocision team shop?

2 minutes ago, RowdyZip said:

So looking online at the team shop, looks like the only offers for the rebrand are still a navy t-shirt or a navy hoodie with the new A logo.  I tried calling them, but of course no one answered.  Anyone happen to know if there's more of a selection at the bookstore or the Infocision team shop?

I dropped by the InfoCision Team Shop yesterday afternoon, wallet in hand, to try to find the answer to that very question and… they weren’t open 😑

3 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

I dropped by the InfoCision Team Shop yesterday afternoon, wallet in hand, to try to find the answer to that very question and… they weren’t open 😑

Funny that you say that, because I tried again and I just got off the horn with the bookstore.  They only have the navy hoodie and t-shirt, and the guy I spoke too said they have "some hats."  I asked about the Infocision shop and he said it's closed for the summer.

I've been pumping up athletics admin for the good they've done under Mr. Guthrie, but this one is a such a big miss.  The rebrand was announced just about 2 months ago, and the only available merch is a couple boring shirts?  Big miss.  Should've held off until the turf was almost done and then released new merch in conjunction with that.  Super disappointed.

Also...our AD tweeted a pic of a pretty slick navy hat.  Hoping I can pop into the bookstore and grab one if they're flex-fit.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RowdyZip said:

Funny that you say that, because I tried again and I just got off the horn with the bookstore.  They only have the navy hoodie and t-shirt, and the guy I spoke too said they have "some hats."  I asked about the Infocision shop and he said it's closed for the summer.

I've been pumping up athletics admin for the good they've done under Mr. Guthrie, but this one is a such a big miss.  The rebrand was announced just about 2 months ago, and the only available merch is a couple boring shirts?  Big miss.  Should've held off until the turf was almost done and then released new merch in conjunction with that.  Super disappointed.

Also...our AD tweeted a pic of a pretty slick navy hat.  Hoping I can pop into the bookstore and grab one if they're flex-fit.

Agreed! I was hoping to see some options out there. But....not much. Bummer indeed! 

On 7/7/2022 at 3:43 PM, RowdyZip said:

It's definitely frustrating, but understandable. There are still supply chain issues and manufacturing delays. It took the Guardians a LONG time to get gear out, same with the Cavs new rebrand. When major sports franchises are slow to roll out gear, I fully expect a MAC school to have the same issues if not more. I'm sure they'll have everything ready before football season. 

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, GoZips86 said:

I know there is a shortage of things out there, so not to complain, but a little disappointed I still can't really buy anything with the new logo on it yet.

Has anyone stopped by the Student Union store lately? I was in Akron last week and thought about running in quick, but didn't make it. Online they've added another hoodie, hat, a few shirts, golf balls and that's about it. Really want a nice Nike hoodie, hat and a new decal for my vehicle. 

My high school just went through a similar rebrand this summer and their store is absolutely packed with new apparel. By now UA should have a decent amount of gear available. Especially with students returning to campus. It shouldn't take this long...

Edited by akzipper
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, akzipper said:

Has anyone stopped by the Student Union store lately? I was in Akron last week and thought about running in quick, but didn't make it. Online they've added another hoodie, hat, a few shirts, golf balls and that's about it. Really want a nice Nike hoodie, hat and a new decal for my vehicle. 

My high school just went through a similar rebrand this summer and their store is absolutely packed with new apparel. By now UA should have a decent amount of gear available. Especially with students returning to campus. It shouldn't take this long...

I stopped in last week. They have little that has the new logo. I spoke with a manager and he said they have to move some of the current inventory before they can bring in more of the new branded items. He also said that their supply chain was very slow and he didn't anticipate a wide variety of new branded items until the beginning of the new year (2023).  

1 hour ago, 72 Roo said:

I stopped in last week. They have little that has the new logo. I spoke with a manager and he said they have to move some of the current inventory before they can bring in more of the new branded items. He also said that their supply chain was very slow and he didn't anticipate a wide variety of new branded items until the beginning of the new year (2023).  

This is the cost of going through a rebrand. People aren't going to be interested in outdated merchandise with the old logo. Most teams only sell it as massively discounted prices. My guess is that the UA bookstore is trying to sell everything at normal prices? The Guardians went with a complete name change and rebranding and somehow managed to get gear ready for this season. 

Edited by akzipper
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, 72 Roo said:

I spoke with a manager and he said they have to move some of the current inventory before they can bring in more of the new branded items. He also said that their supply chain was very slow and he didn't anticipate a wide variety of new branded items until the beginning of the new year (2023).  

Sounds like the perfect opportunity to be philanthropic and turn a bunch of kids into Zips fans with merch around a bunch of Northeast Ohio schools. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, akzipper said:

This is the cost of going through a rebrand. People aren't going to be interested in outdated merchandise with the old logo. Most teams only sell it as massively discounted prices. My guess is that the UA bookstore is trying to sell everything at normal prices? The Guardians went with a complete name change and rebranding and somehow managed to get gear ready for this season. 

Think small

Be small

• Like 1