Jump to content

Zips Primary Logo


a-zip
 Share

Primary Logo Poll  

71 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, monrowe said:

At least is not an A inside of an A. Or an electric bird.Most logos and team names are generic.

E56363C4-FA96-4056-B209-E392F984A746.jpeg

614E2FFE-D6F5-46ED-A840-B573AFB66221.png

I would like Arizona’s A better if it were just the red A ^^.
 

Ours is better 💯💪😤

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like the new logo. I particularly like how it works with the 'Akron' beneath it, forming a nice structure that fits together as a unified visual element.  It feels unique to me and clean, a refreshing update but some on a traditional elements.  

 

I don't know if it will stand the test of time- may not prove to be 'timeless'- but I at least like that what it is signaling right now.   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, RowdyZip said:

It's a shame they don't have more merch ready to order at launch.  I was meh at first, but I'm warming up to it.  Get me some hats, shorts, and different types of hoodies to browse!


I’m salivating for the gold hoodie and navy polo they teased on Twitter. Come on UA!!!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, ZippyRulz said:

 

I hate to admit it but BG and OU do a good job w/ logos. BSU and CMU need to step up their game.

 

 

7 hours ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

Definitely not the site of choice for the "latest" Zips news.

 

 

image.png

too good to be true disney GIF

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/9/2022 at 2:34 PM, akzipper said:

Looks decent on the JAR court and InfoCision Field. I'll give them credit there.

 

FSVhT5WVEAIqz6O?format=jpg&name=4096x409FSVhNlGVIAUoD7R?format=jpg&name=4096x409

 

IF they replace the old floor, or at least replace the logo. Something they haven't done in at least three logos.

 

It's certainly not the worst, and not really the best. I still like the pissedoff Roo logo on my posts, but they wanted ONE logo, one vision for the entire university. Not just the athletics department. It has to look unique and catchy to prospective students in all of the programs. They are the ones the University has to attract. Not sports fans. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As far as longevity goes, tOSU have used the block O with changes in how the colors have been arranged for 64 years, and is one of the most recognizable brands in the world. Iconic. 

 

Yeah yeah I know, we hate the Worthless Nuts. But, we want our university to be successful, sometimes you have to look at what's worked for other brands, including our rivals.

 

In other words, DON'T MESS WITH IT FOR AWHILE.

 

If ever. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

They are going to repaint the floor.  I hope they stick with the design shown. That is the most gorgeous basketball court mine eyes have ever seen 😍😍

 

I hope so. I saw where the Cleveland Cavaliers store their courts, as in several different floors they use during the season based on what special uniforms they're wearing or what holiday or special occasion is going on. And we still have the Zoro logo on the floor. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Spin said:

 

I hope so. I saw where the Cleveland Cavaliers store their courts, as in several different floors they use during the season based on what special uniforms they're wearing or what holiday or special occasion is going on. And we still have the Zoro logo on the floor. 

When we build our new downtown arena maybe we'll have different floors for every jersey du jour 🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Spin said:

As far as longevity goes, tOSU have used the block O with changes in how the colors have been arranged for 64 years, and is one of the most recognizable brands in the world. Iconic. 

 

Yeah yeah I know, we hate the Worthless Nuts. But, we want our university to be successful, sometimes you have to look at what's worked for other brands, including our rivals.

 

In other words, DON'T MESS WITH IT FOR AWHILE.

 

If ever. 

Translation: Get off my lawn.😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Funny you bring up OSU.  The block is classic but the shoe horned "Ohio State" just sucks-- looks terrible and weird.  Totally distracting.  They have all the branding and marketing money in the world and 80 years of brand heritage and STILL felt the need to tell people who they are.  The lesson to me is don't screw up the iconic part of your visual identity- instead, keep it clean but include the descriptor where necessary.  Hence the A + Akron works much better than the block O with the name.

 

4833e52bdad832b0c7f46b1aa348e0c1.jpeg

images.png

FSUkETwVcAAuubj.0.jpeg

  • Like 1
  • Thumbs down 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

They are going to repaint the floor.  I hope they stick with the design shown. That is the most gorgeous basketball court mine eyes have ever seen 😍😍

 

All hail the blue and gray.

Edited by Zipmeister
.
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, LAZipFan said:

Funny you bring up OSU.  The block is classic but the shoe horned "Ohio State" just sucks-- looks terrible and weird.  Totally distracting.  They have all the branding and marketing money in the world and 80 years of brand heritage and STILL felt the need to tell people who they are.  The lesson to me is don't screw up the iconic part of your visual identity- instead, keep it clean but include the descriptor where necessary.  Hence the A + Akron works much better than the block O with the name.

 

4833e52bdad832b0c7f46b1aa348e0c1.jpeg

images.png

FSUkETwVcAAuubj.0.jpeg

 

They updated the OSU logo in 2013, but it's still not great. The block O alone is just too basic and can easily be mistaken for Oklahoma or something by casual fans. 

 

79176452013.gif

 

My hope is that after a few years people will start recognizing the "A" logo as Akron, and the wordmark underneath will no longer be needed. I don't think there are any other blue/gold schools that use an A logo or start with an A. So we already have that going for us. 

 

It's officially been added to the SportsLogo database and I have to say it looks pretty sharp when compared to other logos. I really have gone 180 in my feelings toward it. Each day I feel like I like it even more.  

 

Edited by akzipper
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

While I'm a bit underwhelmed with the logo I certainly don't hate it. To echo some other posters thoughts the U needs to stick with this logo to form a brand. They can do all kinds of secondary logos but the primary logo needs to stay in place for the long haul for it to be successful IMO. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Spin said:

As far as longevity goes, tOSU have used the block O with changes in how the colors have been arranged for 64 years, and is one of the most recognizable brands in the world. Iconic. 

 

Yeah yeah I know, we hate the Worthless Nuts. But, we want our university to be successful, sometimes you have to look at what's worked for other brands, including our rivals.

 

In other words, DON'T MESS WITH IT FOR AWHILE.

 

If ever. 

 

Totally agree. If the University wants a logo to catch on and be recognized, they have to stick with something. All too often the logo has changed for the Zips. I'm starting to really like this new logo!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/11/2022 at 7:55 PM, Blue & Gold said:

They are going to repaint the floor.  I hope they stick with the design shown. That is the most gorgeous basketball court mine eyes have ever seen 😍😍

I like the basketball floor above but I also like our current floor the Roo head on both baselines is truly unique to us and unique overall. 
I do like, though, that if they are going to remove the baseline Roo that they at least put paint in the lanes. I am not a fan of the non-painted lanes in basketball. Too bland, makes the floor look like they are playing in a bowling alley. Display the school colors and logos/ mascot where you can.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/12/2022 at 9:41 AM, gozips19 said:

While I'm a bit underwhelmed with the logo I certainly don't hate it. To echo some other posters thoughts the U needs to stick with this logo to form a brand. They can do all kinds of secondary logos but the primary logo needs to stay in place for the long haul for it to be successful IMO. 

Maybe do something to more clearly see that there is a ‘z’ within the A without it taking away from the A itself?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Now that the new logo has been selected, can anyone that was involved in the process now share some insight on the logos that did not make the cut? Did any include a marsupial along with the "A"? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

in a related / unrelated question. Does anyone have a jpg or png of the old moving A (flying A)? We always called it the moving A back in the day but when we did the throw back jersey a few years ago, they called it the flying A. Its impossible to find one on the internet. I have copies of all the other logo's but that one. I wanted to use it for my throw back paint scheme on iRacing but was unsuccessful in finding an image of the logo. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...