Zips Primary Logo

a-zip

Primary Logo Poll  

73 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Sounds like the perfect opportunity to be philanthropic and turn a bunch of kids into Zips fans with merch around a bunch of Northeast Ohio schools. 

Yes! Give the merch to kids at local schools and send them each home with a letter to their parents on how to go online and get the free tickets for game 1 coming up here soon! 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Section210Zip said:

Very cool. I love making sports themed cars in Forza on Xbox. In the past it's been practically impossible to recreate the Zips vinyls because the logo was so complicated and everything needs to be created using groups of shapes merged together. The new logo should be a lot easier to bring into the game. 

9 hours ago, akzipper said:

Very cool. I love making sports themed cars in Forza on Xbox. In the past it's been practically impossible to recreate the Zips vinyls because the logo was so complicated and everything needs to be created using groups of shapes merged together. The new logo should be a lot easier to bring into the game. 

iRacing has 3rd party website for paint scheme design that makes it easier BUT it still is tedious. I had to cut out each letter in the Akron Zips to be able to place a transparent logo where I wanted it. The Akron Zips brand guide said to use "rubik" font but even with that, I couldn't get an exact match. 

The sim racing paint schemes have got so advanced that Kaulig Racing and many other teams are using a young guy to design their schemes that got his start just sim designing named Noah Sweet.

19 hours ago, Section210Zip said:

A little paint project I have been working on for my sim racing

image.png.b05ecb5c4fcb9e7c45d44bd90a896665.png

I raced online for years, ran several series. Dirt late models, pavement lates, We used “NASCAR Legends” as street stocks. We also ran old school offline (against the AI) NASCAR Cup.

iRenting I mean iRacing had all the servers shut down and I got out. I still race against the AI every week.

We miss the good old days, never a dull moment in the chat room between races, haven’t laughed like that since.

Edited by Spin
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, MangoZip said:

Winning games and MAC championships will get that done. Also need a new locker room and weight room overlooking the field in the North end zone. If Joe accomplishes what he thinks he can, changes will come. 

People vastly undervalue how important locker rooms are nowadays. So many are over the top with colored lights, TVs in every locker, lounges, uniform displays, etc. But that's exactly something that shows recruits that a program is legit and willing to go above and beyond to create a cool experience for it's players. 

Having a state of the art lockerroom that overlooks the stadium would be awesome. 

Edited by akzipper
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, akzipper said:

People vastly undervalue how important locker rooms are nowadays. So many are over the top with colored lights, TVs in every locker, lounges, uniform displays, etc. But that's exactly something that shows recruits that a program is legit and willing to go above and beyond to create a cool experience for it's players. 

Having a state of the art lockerroom that overlooks the stadium would be awesome. 

Exhibit A

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MangoZip said:

Agree, but not sure Florida is a fair comparison but check out Miami's

Miami seems to have the best facility in the MAC other than game day (Stadium). They have set a high standard. Congrats to the Redhawks.

6 hours ago, Zipmeister said:

I was under the impression that the locker rooms at the Info were very nice.

Have heard that the locker rooms at the Rubber Bowl had a bad influence on visiting teams. We might try getting a Rubber Bowl quality locker room for the visitors at the Info.

Current Akron locker room is a not good

13 hours ago, 72 Roo said:

Miami seems to have the best facility in the MAC other than game day (Stadium). They have set a high standard. Congrats to the Redhawks.

I hate to say it, but Kent has a nice new locker room. What's interesting is how they made it look like some Ikea lockers are placed right in the middle of an empty Walmart. I actually think that flooring is the same thing my middle school cafeteria had. Can't help but be impressed.

DWD_0204A.JPG

• Haha 3