Alamo Bowl Support for Coach Moorhead

Dr Z

• Dr Z changed the title to Alamo Bowl Support for Coach Moorhead
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/11/2021 at 7:51 AM, Dr Z said:

Before Joe was hired as the new Zips coach, I would have had very little interest in this game (statistically insignificantly different from zero).

Now, I have little interest in it, but my interest is statistically significantly greater than zero.

However, I clicked on your second link which took me to another link which allowed me to watch a guy explode a Tesla (I mean obliterate it ).

Really cool.

• Thumbs down 1

52 minutes ago, LZIp said:

FWIW, I read that Oregon is supposed to be down like 30 scholarship players for this game. I'd concentrate on what the offense is doing/trying to do rather than the end result.

Reading more and more that this game might not happen due to Oregon injury/transfer/COVID.  Might not be the worst thing for Akron if this game gets canceled.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RowdyZip said:

Reading more and more that this game might not happen due to Oregon injury/transfer/COVID.  Might not be the worst thing for Akron if this game gets canceled.

While in a basketball thread some members of Zip nation are predicting a high probability that the Big Dance will be conducted this season. If we get as many withdrawals due to COVID in basketball as has already occurred in this season's football bowl schedule, the Zips may finally secure that long-desired at-large bid.

I was looking forward to getting a future view of the JoeMo offense that will be run at Akron.  It is now halftime of the Alamo bowl game, and I am going to bed.  I am hoping for much better results when he sets up home in Northeast Ohio.  As I listened to the game, I only heard Coach's name mentioned once, and that was surprising.  I would have expected more comments including his move to Akron, but I was not listening intently and may have missed some comments.  Merry Zipmas!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bigjim said:

I was looking forward to getting a future view of the JoeMo offense that will be run at Akron.  It is now halftime of the Alamo bowl game, and I am going to bed.  I am hoping for much better results when he sets up home in Northeast Ohio.  As I listened to the game, I only heard Coach's name mentioned once, and that was surprising.  I would have expected more comments including his move to Akron, but I was not listening intently and may have missed some comments.  Merry Zipmas!

Happy New ZipYear!!

1 hour ago, bigjim said:

ESPN made mention of JoeMo a (Offensive wizard)moving on to Akron.ESPN talked about him hiring a coaching staff and recruiting.They also said JoeMo had an  extremely serious health scare earlier this season.Joe Mo said that he’s looking forward to Akron.

57 minutes ago, LoyalZIP said:

Coach will be in Akron starting in just a few day and we should see official staff announcements soon too. It’ll be a sprint to signing day!

Yes, looking forward for him to concentrate fully on Akron and a lot of coaching/recruiting news in the next month!

Edited by LZIp

1 hour ago, zippy5 said:

Which team wasn't in transition?

My bad. Forgot about OK. Shows how disinterested I was in the game. I struggle to put any importance into a teams performance in a bowl game. Nothing at stake. Disinterested seniors. Opt outs. Developmental period for underclassmen. The list goes on. 

John Cooper was probably the last coach to get fired for bowl performance and think about how long ago that was. 

53 minutes ago, GP1 said:

John Cooper was probably the last coach to get fired for bowl performance and think about how long ago that was. 

Cooper's firing likely had more to do with poor performance against TTuN than bowl performance.

35 minutes ago, Zip_ME87 said:

Cooper's firing likely had more to do with poor performance against TTuN than bowl performance.

Michigan was a problem. He didn't get fired after Michigan. They could have fired him after Michigan. Losing the Outback Bowl badly after losing to Michigan was the problem. Would have survived another year regardless of the loss to Michigan. Michigan is just a state shaped like a mitten at the bottom. Michigan does have some good snowmobiling thought even though it has nothing to do with football. The MAC plays in a great bowl game in Michigan. 

• Like 1

I've heard that Coach M sticking around Oregon to finish the season is generating positive opinions of him in high school coaching circles. Coaches want to believe a new coach is committed to a program when they advise a recruit to consider a school. His commitment to Oregon makes high school coaches believe he will be committed to Akron. Anything can happen, but this is a good start. 

• Like 5