Good News With Gary

GP1

I was pleasantly surprised to see a piece called Good News With Gary on social media today. It was a 4 minute video where Dr. Miller shares some good news about the University. Not the most exciting guy, but well done none the less. A much better use of his time in front of the public than we have seen in the past. Maybe someone can put up the link.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

image.png.145dac21abc812dfa4f6ab2f7e50a55c.png

The University of Akron's - Polymer Science and Plastics Engineering is ranked:

#1 in the World

#1 in North America

#1 in the United States

World's best Polymer science and Plastics engineering universities [Rankings] (edurank.org)

Edited by Akron1
  • Like 3

• 6 months later...

So many great things go on at UofA. I'm glad we have a President willing to highlight those things to the public so people actually know what their tax dollars are going towards. These are a great public service.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/18/2022 at 11:49 AM, Akron1 said:

image.png.145dac21abc812dfa4f6ab2f7e50a55c.png

The University of Akron's - Polymer Science and Plastics Engineering is ranked:

#1 in the World

#1 in North America

#1 in the United States

World's best Polymer science and Plastics engineering universities [Rankings] (edurank.org)

Finally the local media acknowledges this important UA story.  The impact of the Greater Akron polymer cluster.

https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/local/akron/mission-possible-greater-akron-polymer-cluster/95-d3bcc09d-9c5c-4d4b-8de1-2c6cdd1ec425 via @wkyc

• Like 2

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have been off campus for many years (1996), but I really like the UA President. My son is a freshman at UA, and I think the university is under solid leadership in, unfortunately, troubled times. I enjoy President Miller's social media posts.  I hope he can bring in more freshmen next year.  

Edited by UA1996MAENG
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Blue & Gold said:

He seems like a genuinely good person.

I believe he is doing a good job. He has brought much needed purposeful change. He makes good hires and articulates a solid plan to rebuild enrollment, recognizing it will never be as high as it once was. His wife Georgia seems the perfect match for a university president. She is every bit as sharp as he is. 

• Like 1

On 12/15/2023 at 9:03 PM, 72 Roo said:

I believe he is doing a good job. He has brought much needed purposeful change. He makes good hires and articulates a solid plan to rebuild enrollment, recognizing it will never be as high as it once was. His wife Georgia seems the perfect match for a university president. She is every bit as sharp as he is. 

I have been very pleased with UA as the parent of a freshman.  Eveyone in every department has been pleasant and helpful. My son chose UA over Miami, Kent, BGSU, and Ohio State. As a parent during the admission and enrollment process, I just felt from the beginning that UA cared about my son and his education.  I can't help but feel that a lot of this comes from the overall vision of President Miller making its way through campus and UA culture.

• Like 3