Game 14- Buffalo

clarkwgriswold

TEAMISM. 

That’s a culture win if I’ve ever seen one, and Groce said as much. One of the toughest wins since he’s been here, I can’t believe the Zips put up the point total they did after the first ten minutes or so AND without their best shooter. Zips got Williams out of the game and forced the rest of that mess of a team to beat them, and they couldn’t do it. 

Tuesday won’t be any easier. Put the team on your back, Ali! Go Zips!

Happy New Year to all!

• Like 4

Great win. I thought we were going to get run off the floor. IDK how much of a difference the head coach makes, but props to Canada for getting this game played. 

I think we're finding out the team runs through Ali (and he's realizing his potential). That was efficient domination by him today. Also, Wynn provided some solid minutes for those who are interested. We're knocking off the favorite in the MAC and this team is still figuring itself out. Should be a fun season! Go Zips! 

• Like 1

Excellent win. Canada was missing a few players, including Mballa, but they played a game more recently. Akron was missing Trimble AND had not played in weeks. Williams and Segu still played and brought more experience between the two of them than all of Akron combined. 

This was Groce's best coaching job since 2019-20. Hats off to him and the team for getting the job done.

Much anger at the refs from the folks in Canada.  Apparently, the refs are all from Ohio an favor Ohio teams:

skrabukes

Posted 3 hours ago

Every time we start to cut the deficit, they make a BS call. Typical

Erie County

Posted 3 hours ago

In a game where everything has been called.

Akron has committed TEN fouls.

Ohio refs outright favoring a team

Tee4three

Posted 3 hours ago

What do the refs just want ub to have akron run lay up lines all game