New Verbals

zff

JD just keeps rolling in recruits... I love it!!! This team two years from now is gonna be NASTY!!! Just imagine all the young talent we've got right now when they're Juniors combined with the redshirts for this last class... I really like the direction we're headed!!! (even with this disappointing season)

Da'Von Moore is a great pickup for you guys.Aaron Williams and Joe Rash our visiting UT this coming weekend and should make their decisions soon. I think whoever gets them between us will end up getting them both. It probably helps UT that Barry Church (Former Penn Hills player) was named a 2nd Team Freshman All-American today, but I don't feel very confident about getting them right now. You guys are pretty much kicking everyone else's butt in the MAC in recruiting this year so far. Miami and Toledo have some nice commits too, but you guys are doing great.Northern Illinois is not. They have 15 verbals and probably won't have more than a couple more because of the class size, and really only one or two of their commits had any BCS offers. Not sure what is going on there, but they just don't seem to be trying to step up their recruiting like many of the other MAC schools have. I think they are gonna be on the way down the next few years.

Good Point JD is pulling these recruits with a CRUMBLING stadium that's OFF CAMPUS.
Make no mistake that you are getting these kids because of the future facility plans. Most kids that have committed have mentioned the $100 Million Plus facility plans they were shown.
You're absolutely right! I just wish we could see those plans too!!! We're all getting so fidgety over waiting so long for an announcement and architectural renderings! I check this board everyday and the first discussion I look for is anything on the new facility.

The rocket is right! I wonder exactly what we are showing these kids? Keep in mind that we have an architectural firm that is probably churning out some renderings of preliminary plans. The recruits must like what they're seeing. Remember we had a down year this year and you would think we would take somewhat of a hit in recruiting.

Remember we had a down year this year and you would think we would take somewhat of a hit in recruiting.
WMU was 1-10 two years ago and finished a strong 8-4 this season. K.e.n.t was 1-10 last season and won 6 games this year. While winning helps, it seems getting decent players has more to do with coaches selling the program/school, coaches building relationships and facilities than it does having recent success. Beyond that...I think 2006 was our first sub-.500 season in 4 years? This season was a downer, but our program is hardly in the "bottom-feeder" catagory.

does anyone know our kicking situation next year? the only spot where i see us being really in bad shape is ol. i don't think it matters who the qb is if we can't run the ball next year. hopefully jd can get a few quality ol;even if we have to go the jc route for one or two ol.

"does anyone know our kicking situation next year? the only spot where i see us being really in bad shape is ol. i don't think it matters who the qb is if we can't run the ball next year. hopefully jd can get a few quality ol;even if we have to go the jc route for one or two ol." Our best kicker was a freshman this year. I forget his name, but he got hurt before the season even started. He is from Mentor HS. Igor I believe. I'm guessing he was redshirted.

"does anyone know our kicking situation next year? the only spot where i see us being really in bad shape is ol. i don't think it matters who the qb is if we can't run the ball next year. hopefully jd can get a few quality ol;even if we have to go the jc route for one or two ol." Our best kicker was a freshman this year. I forget his name, but he got hurt before the season even started. He is from Mentor HS. Igor I believe. I'm guessing he was redshirted.
Actually, Igor was kicked out of school for being involved in some sort of fight. He was supposed to be one of the best freshman kickers in the country, but he hurt his back before the season started, so we had to use a walk-on kicker and a soccer player and neither of those worked out too well.