2022 Zips in The Pros

5 hours ago, fknbuflobo said:

That was not an easy finish. 

Perhaps not for you, and definitely not for me, but for Darlington... 😉

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Zip_ME87 said:

When is Akron soccer going to do a Darlington Nagbe bobblehead for season ticket holders?  I love my DeAndre Yedlin bobblehead from a few years ago........but the DeAndre bobblehead is lonely.   A DNag bobblehead is badly needed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Danny Strachan scores 1st pro goal in MLS NEXT Pro version of Hell is Real rivalry.

Edited by Zip_ME87
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Joao with an assist on Orlando’s 2nd goal in their 5-1 rout of NYRB in their US Open Cup semifinal match last night. 

• Like 3

On 7/13/2022 at 8:49 AM, TennZip said:

When is Akron soccer going to do a Darlington Nagbe bobblehead for season ticket holders?  I love my DeAndre Yedlin bobblehead from a few years ago........but the DeAndre bobblehead is lonely.   A DNag bobblehead is badly needed.

I second this. 

Remember the Akron Basketball trio bobbleheads? Imagine if they did this for the 2010 National Champion team. How much fun would that be to collect? 

Edited by Let'sGoZips94
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

World Cup foundation: Canada get "final"-level test vs. Uruguay

...If Buchanan isn’t risked on Tuesday, Hoilett is a reliable veteran who can link play and provide a bit of cover in midfield if Canada stick with their double pivot. Alternatively, Richie Laryea is a dynamo on the right and can provide extra solidity at the back. ...

• Like 2

How AWESOME is it that the only member of the current [USMNT] group with World Cup experience is a Zips Men's Soccer alum?!!!

USMNT promise "different intensity” in World Cup prep vs. Saudi Arabia

... Veteran fullback DeAndre Yedlin, the only member of the current group with World Cup experience thanks to his breakout showing at Brazil 2014, acknowledged as much. He, along with many others on this month’s roster, needs a solid showing to give himself the best chance of making the final cut.

“Naturally guys are going to be nervous,” said the Seattle Sounders product. “Naturally guys are going to know what's at stake. But at the end of the day, it's making sure everybody realizes that this is a team, you know what I mean? When the team performs well, everybody does well.

“We all love each other here,” added the Inter Miami CF defender. “And we're all trying to obviously make this team, so yeah, it's down to crunch time now. Obviously guys can have anxiety or whatever about making the squad, but we just need to do what’s best for the team.” ...

Edited by Zip_ME87
  • Like 2

Deandre is in the starting lineup tonight as the USMNT plays Saudi Arabia.

it’s on live now, on FS1 and will be replayed at least once late tonight.

Edited by Spin
Added network
  • Like 2