PCCC- 1/14/22

clarkwgriswold

2 hours ago, LoyalZIP said:

Not at all surprised to the the Flushes be favored. They did beat Toledo at home after all. Whether Santiago is back for them or not is probably the biggest thing. That line may suggest that he is back. He's their second best player on a team that relies a lot on guard play. Our guards need to lock down Carry and force someone else to win the game for them.

They do not shoot the 3-ball well at all, and they don't have a great inside scorer. The Zips have had some trouble stopping driving layups so that is a concern I have. Also, Kent is one of the best foul shooting teams in the country so we can't afford to get into foul trouble like we saw on Tuesday.

I really like this Akron team and how they're playing. I just want to see a full 40 minutes. You can't come from behind double digits every game, especially on the road and especially against this program. Hopefully X and Trimble find their shot early and Freeman and Aziz stay out of foul trouble. I like the matchup for Akron, but there's just something about this arena...

Can't wait to be there though, Go Zips!!!!!

From the last game, Santiago was in warm up gear and walking around.  And Mr Pinky is desperate, like a cornered chihuahua, at this point.   Expect a lot of hacking and dirty play.   Hopefully, Enrique isn't punched in the ribs.

I know we talked about attendance being down at the JAR, which is true, but Kent is having it a lot worse. The last two home games (both MAC opponents) they had 701 and 1423 reported fans. The actual butts in seat number was likely far lower as these figures would include season ticket holder no shows. It seems like if there was a year to go into Kent and steal a win, this is it. Fans haven't been showing up and this is the worst Kent team in a while. It would be great if we could capitalize, especially on nationally TV.

10 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

Lest we forget what the Flushes are all about.  When they show you who they are, believe them.

You know as much as a cheap shot as that was it was still nice to see Keith, Jeff Boals, Linhart (our very first MAC tournament MVP), the Serb, the McKnight brothers... brings back good memories regardless. Zips definitely got their revenge that year. 

• Like 1

Wow, a thread with one post for Akron/Kent on the day of the game.  They are in full fledged pessimism mode over on generic bbs land (csnbbs).  

That being said, rivalry game and two teams that have some good victories and puzzling defeats.  This one is a crapshoot.  Don't have access to CBSSN, so it's family movie night with the little ones in this house.  Will be checking the score periodically.

Gut says:

Akron 65

Kent 60

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Reslife4Life said:

Looking through the ticket website, it seems like this game isn't even close to sold out. Even with it being a road game, I always love to see a packed house for the rivalry game. If this game isn't packed, I can't imagine what the rest of the season is going to look like

Welcome to college athletics during COVID. I was watching Butler the other day (they were at home against I believe a top 25 team). Hinkle Fieldhouse was half empty. 

6 minutes ago, GoZips88 said:

Let's Go Zips!

image.thumb.png.c1feb0667d25c849d532237571cbe145.png

This is a classic. That era of AK Rowdies deserves to be in the Akron Athletics Hall of Fame.

Here's another classic from that era. I believe this was from the Akron Football win over KSUcks in 2007(?) when they missed the FG in OT. 

264260966_1065268420924578_1293040216428

It's so easy to hate that school. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Reslife4Life said:

Looking through the ticket website, it seems like this game isn't even close to sold out. Even with it being a road game, I always love to see a packed house for the rivalry game. If this game isn't packed, I can't imagine what the rest of the season is going to look like

I also checked their website and picked up 2 tickets in the chair back section lower court 3rd row.  They were expensive $50 but I think Akron is going to win tonight so well worth the money although I have gone to this game close to 10 times and came home disappointed nine times.  I would love to see Trimble have a game like Tuesday where he drove to the basket and shot short jump shots.  It really adds another dimension to this team.

Edited by 1981 grad
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

This is a classic. That era of AK Rowdies deserves to be in the Akron Athletics Hall of Fame.

Here's another classic from that era. I believe this was from the Akron Football win over KSUcks in 2007(?) when they missed the FG in OT. 

264260966_1065268420924578_1293040216428

It's so easy to hate that school. 

I was at this game. 2010

I remember some of those early KD teams playing PCCC and it looked like an old time City-County All-Star game with PCCC having the gritty scrappy kids and the Zips having finesse kids that could be intimidated.  Those days disappeared under KD and are long one with Groce.  

If you're going make sure to get there early so that you can get one of those fine seats upstairs where you can't see the near quarter of the court.  It's worse that having to watch through a rail and glass.  It's a shame that in two counties we don't have a decent arena.

Body up Carry, box out Hamilton and get Mr. Pinky extra pink and come home with a win.