BGSU- 1/20/22

clarkwgriswold

10 hours ago, NWAkron said:

solid prediction based on history.  Plowden takes over in the last few minutes.  Freeman fouls out.  First 10-12 minutes Zips shoot 20-22% from the field and 1 of 12 from 3.  On a positive note, Zips have won 30 of last 35 meetings.

EDIT:  Aziz and Freeman get hacked a few times early on and go 1-4 from the charity stripe.

(I think that covers it)

ok...i had two competing thoughts:

1.  was the above

2.  Was these guys were going to be totally pumped after the WMU comeback and were going to keep the momentum during the quick turnaround and blast into the Stroh Center.  And, of course, the Zips own BG.

On 1/19/2022 at 8:10 PM, 1981 grad said:

For this team to succeed we need Trimble to get out of his shooting slump and for Ali to stop turning the ball over. 

This was the best performance by a Zips team on the road in a long time.  It is weird how when Trimble is hot it seems to bring up the whole team  We had 4 players in double figures.  When we can score we can be a good team.  The only negative tonight was that we gave up too many offensive rebounds.  Lets hope this performance carries over to Saturday.

6 hours ago, Zips Win! said:

Have no fear, ZipsWin! is here! I always enjoy my ride to BG and then a stop at Frickers...Then I remember that I have to watch a game at the most poorly constructed basketball arena, ever...Not one seat in the house was built at the correct angle or slope, but I digress...ZipsWin baby!

Was that you standing the whole game behind the Zips bench?

• Like 1

Hell of a win and performance! I was thinking “here we go again” early on but the Zips string together one of their best 30 minute stretches of the season. Great post play, great shooting, great defense on the guards. That was everything it needed to be. So happy for those guys and for Brandon Ford, though I don’t fault Groce for getting upset at him. Huger is a good dude but I’m sure he understands. 

That right there is why Trimble needs to let it fly whenever he has space. Akron won’t lose when he’s hot. Jinx. 

Where’s that BG poster now?? I’ll read through their thread tomorrow. I’ve owned you all my life!!!! 😂😂

Quick turnaround and a “trap game” if there ever was one on Saturday. Let’s get it! Go Zips!

On 1/19/2022 at 8:54 AM, clarkwgriswold said:

BG won 92-83 at NIU last night.  Plowden is one of my favorite MAC players.  Athletic and plays hard.  I wish the Zips had a kid like him.

For some unknown reason, I just looked up Taylor Currie.  He's averaging 18.4 ppg and 8.1 rpg at Harding University.  I'm not implying he would have done anything here, but it is interesting to see what happens to kids like that.

Currie couldn’t help us Clark lol

• Like 1

19 hours ago, RowdyZip said:

Have to take BG here after that showing on Tuesday.

Short turnaround, road game, more talented team.  

I just don't think we have enough offense to win consistently when the defense isn't fantastic and/or Trimble continues his shooting slump.  

Defense was fantastic and Trimble got out of the funk.  Tough team to beat when those two things happen.

9 hours ago, Z.I.P. said:

I'm curious.  What became of "Big Cat", the Keith Dambrot recruit who xferred from Duquesne to BeeGee?  Don't see his name in box score, though I forget what it was... 😆

Dylan Swingle. Apparently he is still at BGSU (according to ay-ziggy-zoomba) but decided not to play basketball any more. And it's possible ZipsWin is now ay-ziggy-zoomba famous too. :-) 

"Shoutout to the maskless Akron dad sitting behind their bench for screaming and stomping his feet when the shot clock stopped working. Really good stuff from a quality guy."

Edited by MDZip
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Reslife4Life said:

Well if everyone is saying BG is gonna take this one, I'll take the Zips in a close one and say that Trimble get 15+ points, including 9 of them coming from deep. Xavier once again cracks 20 points, 5 assists. And Enrique fouls out with a double-double.

I'm not sure about your overall prognosticating. It wasn't close, Enrique was a point short and only four fouls, you were WAAYY under on X with only 14 points (and six assists), And Trimble, my goodness unless 9 of them coming from deep meant his three pointers (and you were still wrong he had 10), you were way off there too. My god man stop embarrassing yourself. 😉😂😂

Edited by MDZip
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Z.I.P. said:

I'm curious.  What became of "Big Cat", the Keith Dambrot recruit who xferred from Duquesne to BeeGee?  Don't see his name in box score, though I forget what it was... 😆

Dylan Swingle-

https://www.sent-trib.com/sports/bgsu-s-swingle-leaving-men-s-basketball-program/article_404cd44e-2a97-11ec-9864-e7aaa39c30ae.html

• Like 1