2022 Spring Schedule

Building out of the back was horrible.  Lots of bad situations including the 1 goal surrendered. Handed it to them on a platter. 

Basically, no goal kicks. In the seasons that we were most successful, I don’t recall doing this. I don’t see other teams do it. A few times, but not so often in place of long goal kicks up field. ???

A number of good chances but couldn’t finish. 

Edited by Zip_ME87

My guess is that the 2nd place teams will play at 2:30 pm on April 16th at Historic Crew Stadium. Bright side is that will allow time to watch our game then go to Lower.com Field and see Joao Moutinho and Orlando City play the Crew. 

56 minutes ago, Zip_ME87 said:

My guess is that the 2nd place teams will play at 2:30 pm on April 16th at Historic Crew Stadium. Bright side is that will allow time to watch our game then go to Lower.com Field and see Joao Moutinho and Orlando City play the Crew. 

Ive always rooted for Akron soccer, well before Marshall finally figured the sport out, only took us from 1979 to 2019 to do so.

If Marshall plays like they did against Ohio State they will have a winning season no doubt, the defense is just stellar. If they play like they did against Louisville for the most part then this team can be special.

Good Luck to Akron, I will continue to follow and root for them as long as they aren't on the other side of the pitch from the Herd.

• Like 2

0-0 draw in the 2nd match vs Notre Dame College according to @zipsmsoccer Instagram account. 

Unacceptable performances. 😑 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Zip_ME87 said:

According to @zipmsoccer IG account, the Zips will indeed play the Flyers at 2:30 pm on April 16th at Historic Crew Stadium.

Edited by Zip_ME87
  • Thanks 1

AKR 0-1 BGSU FT

Zips players, coaches, managers, trainers and administrators, friends of program, etc.

LISTEN UP!  (Is this thing on?)

Bowling Green is our chief adversary.  No bout adout it!!!  Falcons have beaten Zips in every match that has mattered for several outings, over multiple years.  Where is that vomit emoji?  They!  Own!  Us!  Do not train your sights on any other foe until we dispatch Bowling Green.  I do not want to hear any more rhetoric about national championships, blah, blah, blah.  F***ing beat Bowling Green in Akron; then maybe we can talk about larger aspirations.  Is this message overly nuanced or too subtle?  Good!  It is high time the people listed above start taking their work more personally.

In yesterday's match, many Zips showed moments of brilliance, only to negate the positives with boneheaded plays or squandered opportunities.  A silly foul here, a bad touch there.  The little things accumulate.

The one player I will salute is Ryan Kingsford, probably our best player.  He continues to show grit and savvy, and a very strong work ethic.  Playing in the hole is evidently Ryan's best position, so he should remain there.  Kingsford's production is top drawer and consistent.  Real quality.  Too bad we do not have a few of him.

And I am going to call out a good player that is underachieving.  Because he deserves it.  And also because he can take the criticism.  Jason Shokalook can and must do better finishing in front of the goal.  He is our best option up top.  I have watched this guy score dozens of goals in his young career.  But right now the goal seems like the eye of a needle to him.

Do we still have a Sports Psychologist on the payroll? 

Relax, Jason.  Do not hurry.  Make solid contact.  Pass the ball into the net.  

See you all in Columbus come Saturday!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fknbuflobo said:

We did not play consistently bad.

If ever there was half-hearted praise this is it. The Zips can do better. When they do they will receive better praise that is not tongue in cheek. Earn it Zips! You can, and should, do better.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2022 at 7:37 AM, fknbuflobo said:

https://www.buildlineup.com/shared/6258069a2be93026176936c5

Here is how Zips should deploy vs. Dayton:

image.png.809e2d3931c4a3d4a0514372664764fe.png

Regardless how our Zips line up, I hope they stop playing stupid with so much ridiculous passing in and around our own penalty area. Some long goal kicks like we saw from time to time at RMU would be nice.

• Like 1

On 4/14/2022 at 7:37 AM, fknbuflobo said:

https://www.buildlineup.com/shared/6258069a2be93026176936c5

Here is how Zips should deploy vs. Dayton:

image.png.809e2d3931c4a3d4a0514372664764fe.png

Will Levi Stephens be a contributor in the fall?   Malik Henry as starting right back...and Levi Stephens as starting left back.....sounds like a great duo to me.

3 hours ago, TennZip said:

Will Levi Stephens be a contributor in the fall?   Malik Henry as starting right back...and Levi Stephens as starting left back.....sounds like a great duo to me.

That is a look toward the future, beyond 2022. 

Of Henry and Stephens, which one has the more reliable left-footed cross?

Stephens will see playing time in the Fall, but probably not as a starter.