Miami- 2/4/22 and 2/6/22

clarkwgriswold

16 hours ago, LoyalZIP said:

I despise Kent, but I can’t deny they’re playing some of the best ball in the league right now. The Zips need to win both of these this weekend.  

I'm an empty shell of a man who despises Kent, Ohio, Toledo, Miami, Buffalo, that back up guard for BG, the third asst for EMU, the WMU dance team, and, of course, Whitford.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Vegas has finally gotten tired of the Zips getting crushed by double-digit home spreads and has set this one at Akron -7.

I don't know a ton about Miami, and fortunately I don't think it really matters. It's a very old and experienced team that has lost a lot of basketball games over the last 5 years, while winning a couple of big ones here and there. I'm hoping to see a newly energized Akron team that had a week off of games I feel they desperately needed. I expect a slow start, but I don't see why the Zips would drop this one. Of course, this group is so hard to get a read on so who knows. I want to see 40 minutes of defense and good shot selection offensively. That is a great recipe for success for this team. I'm excited for the boys to be back, that's for sure! Go Zips!

Miami was behind by 30 to both EMU and Ravenna.  In both games they closed the gap to around 10-15 late in the second half.  I thought I heard in Groce's show that Delante Brown has been out because of injury.  That being said, unless Trimble is rested up and feels like making 3s tonight, I expect another low scoring ugly affair on national TV.  I should be able to get there but I can't imagine many showing up, especially after the Toledo loss.

Zips losses have been to the best teams in the league.  They don't need to start losing to the bottom feeders or they could be in a first round game against OU or Toledo.

Man, I just noticed we have 4 games in 8 days. That's crazy.  And our 4th (dead legs) game is against KSUcks. 

Trimble better start making threes because without him opening up our offense & spreading the floor this team can be painful to watch.  I want to win, but the entertainment factor is a consideration for the non-diehards.

13 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

Man, I just noticed we have 4 games in 8 days. That's crazy.  And our 4th (dead legs) game is against KSUcks. 

Trimble better start making threes because without him opening up our offense & spreading the floor this team can be painful to watch.  I want to win, but the entertainment factor is a consideration for the non-diehards.

I guess that prepares them for the possible 3 games in 3 days.  But to win the tournament they need:  1.  3 games of that swarming defense we saw for a few minutes in Toledo and Trimble and someone else hitting 40% from beyond the arc.  2.  Some good luck which would include an upset of one of the top 2 teams.

16 minutes ago, Blue & Gold said:

Exactly this.  This team is bringing back shades of Charlie Coles' Miami Teams/Rob Murphy EMU teams.  Not quite there on the painful-to-watch index, but close. 

Honestly, worried about the future too.  I know Hilltopper said both of the freshmen guards had injuries coming into the season, and the COVID year complicates things, but I wish we would've been able to get some production out of any of them.  Our rotation is much to short this year now with Walton gone and Wynn out.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

Miami was behind by 30 to both EMU and Ravenna.  In both games they closed the gap to around 10-15 late in the second half.  I thought I heard in Groce's show that Delante Brown has been out because of injury.  That being said, unless Trimble is rested up and feels like making 3s tonight, I expect another low scoring ugly affair on national TV.  I should be able to get there but I can't imagine many showing up, especially after the Toledo loss.

Zips losses have been to the best teams in the league.  They don't need to start losing to the bottom feeders or they could be in a first round game against OU or Toledo.

Another team prone to slow starts? Wonder what the first half under is..