PCCC- 2/11 at 7 p.m.

clarkwgriswold

The 14-9/9-4 Golden Flushes of Brimfield Tech come to the JAR Friday at 8 p.m. to renew the rivalry.  The Flushes beat the Zips 67-55 at the Portage County Agricultural and Animal Husbandry Center on January 14th.  Insincere Carry led them with 32 points.

PCCC has had a perplexing season, playing some of the better teams tough while losing to the likes of NIU and CMU.  They will come into the game on a 5- game win streak and fresh off of a home win over BG.

Here’s a trivia question for two free tickets to the game:  Who is the last Zip to average over 20 points per game in a season?  Shoot your answer, name and email in a PM to me.

Edited by clarkwgriswold
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RowdyZip said:

I'm headed to campus for the first time since Akron/Kent on March 9th of 2020.  Hopefully this game lives up to that level of excitement/atmosphere.

That's really cool, Rowdy.  For a long time...maybe 18 months...I told people the last time I was in a crowd was the 2020 Akron/Kent game.  I don't think this game will have the same atmosphere as that one.   There are still some COVID gun shy people which is understandable.

I like the game this year because there isn't a conference championship on the line, etc.  This is just pure hatred and pride.  Mr. Pinky can't squeal after the game...that he didn't really care because his team already had their place locked up.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

That's really cool, Rowdy.  For a long time...maybe 18 months...I told people the last time I was in a crowd was the 2020 Akron/Kent game.  I don't think this game will have the same atmosphere as that one.   There are still some COVID gun shy people which is understandable.

Thanks, NW.  The family is now fully vaccinated and we had a mild wave of omicron go through the house 3 weeks ago, so logic states right now is as safe as any time to get back to 'normal.'  This will be my youngest son's first rivalry game (he's 6) and he's definitely looking forward to this game and to the tournament in Cleveland.

Go Zips, beat Kent!

Edited by RowdyZip
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, NWAkron said:

once you are in the JAR, they don't enforce it.  

What in the wide wide world of sports is that type of PCCC logic? 

Steve Brule GIF by MOODMAN

I think this team pulls this one out on Friday. No way do the stats from the last matchup occur again (minus maybe the turnover differential). 

FG: AKR 35.2 - KSUcks 46.3

3PT: AKR 16.7 - KSUcks 40.9

REB: AKR 29 - KSUcks 40

Does KSUcks bring their band of degenerates to stand in one of the upper bleacher sections? Or do they spare us their presence and further show that traditional college basketball atmosphere is endangered? 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Does KSUcks bring their band of degenerates to stand in one of the upper bleacher sections? Or do they spare us their presence and further show that traditional college basketball atmosphere is endangered? 

Per generic-message-board-land (csnbbs), fans are planning on sitting in upper GA behind the visitor bench  (Insert message in appreciation of those involved in hosting ZN.org).  So if you're sitting GA, get there early and make sure to break up the party.

The Zips let Carry run wild in the first game, so much so that he scored nearly half of their points.  The guy averages 17 points a game and is shooting 42% from the field overall and 33% on threes.  Against the Zips he scored 32 points, was 11 of 17 from the field (65%) and was 6 of 10 on three pointers (60%).  Hold him to his averages and the first game is entirely different.  I wish the Zips had a Channel Banks type defender.  I suspect Tribble is probably the best of the guards on defense.  Whoever it is needs to get up on him and make things difficult.   I'd also like to see them mix things up on defense to give him some different looks.

The Zips are playing their best basketball right now so I think this should be a very close game.  Last time Trimble went 1 of 9 from 3 and I just do not see that happening.  Wynn and Dawson are better defenders and unless Trimble gets hot I think we will see more of a team effort.  As long as Freeman stays out of foul trouble and we score from the paint instead of settling for the 3 I think we will be able to handle Kent.  

Anyone want to predict the crowd?  Sell out, 75% or 50% capacity?

2 minutes ago, 1981 grad said:

The Zips are playing their best basketball right now so I think this should be a very close game.  Last time Trimble went 1 of 9 from 3 and I just do not see that happening.  Wynn and Dawson are better defenders and unless Trimble gets hot I think we will see more of a team effort.  As long as Freeman stays out of foul trouble and we score from the paint instead of settling for the 3 I think we will be able to handle Kent.  

I think the newly created student section will be overflowing.  I'd say about 60-70%.  I asked some people, who used to come to the bigger games, if they were interested in an of the tickets floating around on here, and there were no takers.  I think it's covid and getting out of the basketball routine.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, 1981 grad said:

60%