PCCC- 2/11 at 7 p.m.

clarkwgriswold

5 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

WTF X2.0?!

Class from KSUcks. Ran straight over to the students and got in their face. 

I love it. This is the stuff of great rivalries. 

Ever notice nobody ever says, "That was a great handshake line after the game. Very straight and nobody showed any emotion."

Akron vs Kent is a great regional rivalry. Let the trash talk happen. 

Great game. Zips fell short. Do better next time. 

4 minutes ago, dre22era said:

Im fine with Kent talking that talk. They got the W on our floor and the Season Sweep. Can't be sore losers. 

I have no problem with it either. Good to see in a rivalry. As Jim Harbaugh would say this akron team "is a finesse team, not a physical/tough team." They stood back and watched it happen. 

• Like 3

People who don't understand this never played in a heated rivalry or if they did it was probably in a JV role. Rivalries are intense and it feels good to win. If you have a chance to get the last world into the fan screaming he screwed your mom all night your going to do it, sad the zips just passively watched it happen.

Though I'd rather see the players beef with each other than players jawing at fans but nonetheless, sticks and stones may break my bones but worlds will never hurt me. 

Edited by AkronAlumnus
additional thought

Nah. Rivalry or not, flipping off fans and immediately running to get in the faces of the students - not a good look for a program. 

Wave goodbye as you run off the court. Blow kisses. I don't care about that. Just stay above the line. Don't become trashy thugs. KSUcks has never had a team I can say I respect as a rival, at least not since the Jim Christian days (Chris Singletary, Ham & Cheese, etc.). OU has, Miami has, Buffalo has. Can't has never. That University borderline prides itself on being classless. There is zero respect for that team, that program, and that school. 

Shut them up in Cleveland. 

Edited by Let'sGoZips94

6 minutes ago, AkronAlumnus said:

People who don't understand this never played in a heated rivalry or if they did it was probably in a JV role. Rivalries are intense and it feels good to win. If you have a chance to get the last world into the fan screaming he screwed your mom all night your going to do it, sad the zips just passively watched it happen.

Though I'd rather see the players beef with each other than players jawing at fans but nonetheless, sticks and stones may break my bones but worlds will never hurt me. 

Excellent post. 

If the players, students, alumni, fans and greater community are not part of the rivalry, it's a pathetic rivalry. 

Again, Akron hates Kent. Kent hates Akron. I envy those of you who were able to attend the game tonight and be part of this great rivalry. 

Instead of telling Kent players to stay classy, I'd love to tell those dimwits, "See you pu$$y-a$$ beatches in Cleveland in a few weeks." While flipping the bird. 

The 1950s are over. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, bigzipguy said:

HEY AKRONALUMNUS, I HAVE BEEN PLAYING AND WATCHING COMPETITVE SPORTS FOR MANY YEARS. GUESS I GREW UP IN A DIFFENENT ERA THAN YOU. PLAYERS AND COACHES USE TO LOSE AND WIN WITH CLASS. Having made my statements, Kent did in fact deserve to win tonight. Have a good night

Thanks Gramps. Give yourself a treat and sleep in until 6 AM tomorrow.