2022 Offseason

94zipgrad

When I spoke to ticket person last week to renew, he said some exciting stuff will be happening for season ticket holders this season. I think he mentioned some type of meet-and-greet with Moorhead or so. Not sure exactly any details with that or anything else. Does anyone else have any rumblings of what Zip fans can look forward to coming up in offseason and into season? (not just season ticket holders). 

3 minutes ago, GoZips86 said:

Is it a dumb question to ask if people tailgate for the Spring Game? I got some new tailgating stuff I'm really wanting to use LOL. 

I'll say this. If you setup a tailgate, I'll be there. Let me know what beer/meat you want, and I'll bring some. I think tailgating for a Spring Game would go a long way to show the excitement and enthusiasm for the program under Moorhead. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

I'll say this. If you setup a tailgate, I'll be there. Let me know what beer/meat you want, and I'll bring some. I think tailgating for a Spring Game would go a long way to show the excitement and enthusiasm for the program under Moorhead. 

LOVE this post of yours, good sir!! 

• 4 months later...
3 minutes ago, Ham said:

That assessment should be a reality check for our fans.  There are a lot of factors that could move the needle in our direction, but our expectations should be solid improvement.  

The same writer gave Akron an A- for the Moorhead hire. I guess he thinks it’ll take a much longer process to be competitive, despite the transfer portal changing the dynamic for rebuilds.

Until the bullets start to fly, all those transfers are unknowns.  I do have a positive outlook for the season.  I think our success rests on Iron's shoulders.  Will he show the growth he needs, and run the O efficiently?  I don't think we have a next man up; so he also needs to stay healthy.

12 minutes ago, Ham said:

Until the bullets start to fly, all those transfers are unknowns.  I do have a positive outlook for the season.  I think our success rests on Iron's shoulders.  Will he show the growth he needs, and run the O efficiently?  I don't think we have a next man up; so he also needs to stay healthy.

Some transfers are unknowns, but have the potential to excel. A number of the transfers have had success elsewhere and there isn’t any reason to believe that won’t carry over. 

I am with you in as far as tempering expectations in winning the MAC this coming season, but I do expect this team to be competitive in every MAC game and win their fair share. I also agree the offense will heavily revolve around success of the QB position.

Moorhead has been successful almost everywhere he’s been and seems to have a strong staff in place. It all aligns to a solid year and little chance of finishing last place.

Edited by catdaddyp

@catdaddyp, I'm really with you.  Were there "issues" with any of the transfers that could surface?  Will a new situation bring out the best in them?  That is where I think our new staff could shine.  I do think we have a chance to sneak by Liberty and enter the MAC 2-2.  With 4-4 in the MAC, we could go bowling!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ham said:

That assessment should be a reality check for our fans.  There are a lot of factors that could move the needle in our direction, but our expectations should be solid improvement.  

I'm supposed to get a reality check from an article that has Bowling Green 3 spots ahead of us, whom Arth was able to beat multiple times? 

No thanks.

8 hours ago, Zipmeister said:

So you thought the Zips got better since last season.

The following should be posted in the Zips locker room.

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/mac-football-2022-predictions

Per the article, we averaged a 17 point deficit to MAC opponents. We could close the gap by 2 touchdowns per game and still be losing. Nothing given, everything earned. That said, I'll take the over 2.5 wins at Draft Kings.

15 hours ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

I'm supposed to get a reality check from an article that has Bowling Green 3 spots ahead of us, whom Arth was able to beat multiple times? 

No thanks.

This was an outsider's assessment without the rose colored glasses.  With all of the additions, coaching staff included, panning out, we could win the MAC.  Potential is just that.  For every Jojo, we have had a Bain.  I'm not pessimistic about our coming season; I'm hopeful that we realize enough of that potential to not be embarrassed this fall.  I think @Zippyrulz made a good bet.  Three W's is a low bar, but that is where outsiders have us.

10 hours ago, Ham said:

This was an outsider's assessment without the rose colored glasses.  With all of the additions, coaching staff included, panning out, we could win the MAC.  Potential is just that.  For every Jojo, we have had a Bain.  I'm not pessimistic about our coming season; I'm hopeful that we realize enough of that potential to not be embarrassed this fall.  I think @Zippyrulz made a good bet.  Three W's is a low bar, but that is where outsiders have us.

I think their glasses were beer goggles or whiskey glasses. 

Edited by Let'sGoZips94
  • Haha 1