2022 Offseason

94zipgrad

On 7/31/2022 at 8:20 AM, Blue & Gold said:

Does anyone know how this would work? How does Winston DeLattiboudere coach our DL while also having an internship w/ the Jacksonville Jaguars during their training camp?  I think Tre Bell was also offered something like this.

Looks like he's back.

Edited by LZIp
  • Like 2

Akron isn’t the only MAC school to load up on transfers. The BGSU roster shows 9 transfers from P5 schools, several from other D1 schools, and numerous others.

Boston College 2

Kansas

Minn.

Rutgers

Syracuse

Wake Forest

Washington

West Virginia

Cincy 2

Memphis

others: a baker's dozen

And the Buffalo roster shows 10 transfers from P5 schools, several  more from  other D1 schools, and a lot from other schools and JCs.

Arizona

Boston College

Florida

Minnesota

Nebraska

NC State

Notre Dame

Rutgers 2

Vanderbilt

Cincy

Connecticut

Louisville

Others: a boatload

If you want to read about the player with, IMO, thee most interesting background of any D! football player check out Damian Jackson on the Buffalo roster.

https://ubbulls.com/sports/football/roster/damian-jackson/6452

• Like 1

We lost about 50 players, and Buffalo may have lost more.  With just a quick look, it seems like the have nots have shored up, and the powers didn't need much shoring.  I think that when Oct/Nov rolls around, you just don't know what will happen from week to week.  I don't think either division will be decided until Thanksgiving.

21 minutes ago, Ham said:

We lost about 50 players, and Buffalo may have lost more.  With just a quick look, it seems like the have nots have shored up, and the powers didn't need much shoring.  I think that when Oct/Nov rolls around, you just don't know what will happen from week to week.  I don't think either division will be decided until Thanksgiving.

Sounds like fun! 

tenor-110941227.gif.5ba934c527af44683b646b25268c39ac.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ham said:

Agreed. I think the bottom got better and there is no team head and shoulders above the rest of the conference. Should be a fun season. I think OU finished at the bottom. Little Rourke and that new coach aren't it.

54 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Michigan State Preseason #14, Tennessee Received Votes

So did Coastal Carolina, UTSA, Wake Forest, and Army. Oh, and Texas - ranked #18, received a #1 vote. So take this with a grain of salt. 

I can’t speak to all of those teams, but some most certainly won’t be ranked by end of year. A few things of note as I enjoy following turnarounds closely.

UTSA lost their OC to Illinois, so it’s unlikely they will repeat their same success. On the flip side Illinois is flying under the radar and will likely surprise this year.

South Carolina stomped North Carolina in the bowl game and only received 5 votes while UNC received 34. To make it even more head scratching is UNC will probably take a step back after losing their QB to the draft while South Carolina has loaded up with talent in the offseason.

South Carolina, Illinois, and of course Akron are the teams I’m most interested in this year. Carolina and Illinois are in their second year of rebuilds and are receiving  little respect from the national media (and other coaches apparently).