Northern Illinois- 2/17/22

clarkwgriswold

11 minutes ago, LZIp said:

He's been abnormally frustrated lately, that's for sure.

He has tried to do too much on offense all season, and since he hasn't been able to execute at all on the offensive end lately, he has had mental meltdowns. It's incredibly annoying.

This team, aside from Freeman, Aziz, Tribble and Dawson, is unacceptably weak mentally. They have zero leadership at the guard position, and that is why they constantly fall short of meeting their potential. 

Edited by Let'sGoZips94

1 minute ago, Illini Zip said:

I think getting physically stronger would go a long way to helping him be mentally stronger.

Did something change with the strength & conditioning program because of COVID? Groce's teams in his first several years were built like Linebackers & Strong Safeties. I haven't seen the same growth strength wise these past two years. 

2 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Did something change with the strength & conditioning program because of COVID? Groce's teams in his first several years were built like Linebackers & Strong Safeties. I haven't seen the same growth strength wise these past two years. 

Remember that promo pic of them in the weightroom?  

5 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

He has tried to do too much on offense all season, and since he hasn't been able to execute at all on the offensive end lately, he has had mental meltdowns. It's incredibly annoying.

This team, aside from Freeman, Aziz, and Dawson, is unacceptably weak mentally. They have zero leadership at the guard position, and that is why they constantly fall short of meeting their potential. 

If he didn't though, we wouldn't have anybody that would try creating on their own. Haven't looked at the stats, but I don't think he's necessarily inefficient. I think he has the talent...he's shown it, I just think he's naturally not aggressive and it doesn't appear he can turn it on consistently. The team just desperately needs a dynamic combo guard. It is the missing piece.

Edited by LZIp