George Van Horne

Hilltopper

I am sad to see my friend George moving on to a new challange. If there was ever someone who bled Blue and Gold it would be George. From his playing days as a pitcher to his time in the athletics department he always had UA and it's athletes as a top priority. You will be sorely missed George.

Dear Zips Nation,
    Since 1994, I have roamed the hilltop affectionately called Akron U. by the locals.  In my time as a student-athlete and as an employee, I have come to love working with students, coaches, faculty, administrators, and staff to advance the University.  I have been a part of great teams in Advancement and Athletics.  We shared in the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat. Thank you for working with me to make The University of Akron a great public research university with an unsurpassed commitment to the community.
     In my 24-years on campus as an employee, I have accomplished and learned a lot.  I still have much to learn and greater challenges I want to take on.  It is bittersweet to tell you that I am leaving UA and will be joining you as donors and season ticket holders rooting our Zips on from the stands.
     I leave for a great opportunity which will allow me to grow and thrive personally and professionally while keeping my family in the Akron area. 
     I want to thank all of you for your love, support, and friendship over the years.  I leave knowing Akron Athletics has a great foundation to continue to achieve championships in the classroom and in competition.
                                         Forever a Zip,
                                              George

• Like 2