Central Michigan- 3/4/22

7 minutes ago, ewbrooman1 said:

Did they introduce them at halftime? Last time they had the 71-72 group there they rushed it during a time out and you didn't even have a chance to match the name with the player.

Unfortunately I believe it was during a time out.  To anyone else who attended the game, I'm not wrong about this, am I?  

But it didn't feel rushed, IMHO.

Edited by Blue & Gold

Groce indicated post game that the team had no energy.  I thought the energy was there but we struggled against the zone to get some good shots.  We were at the end of the shot clock on several possessions.  Ali got the ball at the key and just could not do anything.  He was missing his jump shot that he has been making lately.  Freeman struggle inside when we got the ball to him and there was often a double team.  Against the zone we need better outside shooting and we were not hitting a three.  I do not think we will see much zone in Cleveland so I believe our offense will be better.  We have to do a better job shooting foul shots.  Great to see the Zips pressure the ball at the end and win the game.  Very exciting game at the end and great defense on the last play.

8 minutes ago, ewbrooman1 said:

Lost they did, but OU is 3rd seed. I don't know why since they split reg season. Anybody know?

They go on winning percentage against highest ranked teams. Both Akron and Ohio lost all games to Toledo but Akron lost twice to the Flushes and Ohio split with them. Would have loved to see Ohio first.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MDZip said:

They go on winning percentage against highest ranked teams. Both Akron and Ohio lost all games to Toledo but Akron lost twice to the Flushes and Ohio split with them. Would have loved to see Ohio first.

Thanks. Another reason to be pissed about losing to Flushes twice.

Kind of sad how our pressers are literally just Groce making his opening statements the having a brief conversation with GT. It’s not like we’re in Athens or something. No Plain Dealer/Cleveland.com,  no students, no radio media, and nothing from Canton or anywhere else nearby.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LZIp said:

Kind of sad how our pressers are literally just Groce making his opening statements the having a brief conversation with GT. It’s not like we’re in Athens or something. No Plain Dealer/Cleveland.com,  no students, no radio media, and nothing from Canton or anywhere else nearby.

I'd imagine this will be addressed by Guthrie sooner rather than later. 

1 hour ago, LZIp said:

What ever happened to the Buchtelite?  Akron's student newspaper had a big presence on campus and beyond back in the day.  Why, they were even responsible for one coach's firing (Bob Rupert) and NCAA sanctions.  Good part was it brought Huggins to town!

You'd think the staff, like Chad Welker, would throw in some questions to just make it look and sound more legitimate.  It would be nice if they could combine it with the post-game radio interview which are often more informative, but Groce has to get back to the locker room after the game.

33 minutes ago, Z.I.P. said:

What ever happened to the Buchtelite?  Akron's student newspaper had a big presence on campus and beyond back in the day.  Why, they were even responsible for one coach's firing (Bob Rupert) and NCAA sanctions.  Good part was it brought Huggins to town!

The Buchtelite is very closely related with WZIP and ZTV. Students often choose one if they want to get into media, and as you can imagine now, not many students want to be a part of a campus newspaper over award winning radio and TV stations. In the 2020-21 school year, they released one issue, basically just a bunch of testimonials about covid. It would be nice to get a WZIP reporter in there or something, I don't really know why that isn't the case.

Edited by Reslife4Life
  • Sad 1