MAC tourney general discussion

NWAkron

28 minutes ago, Let'sGoZips94 said:

Since when did this change? I thought we were locked into Canada?

We were locked into the four five game, opponent was yet to be determined but it looks like that's moot now.

Edited by MDZip

1 minute ago, clarkwgriswold said:

PCCC is so overdue to take a big dump.  I predict it will happen Friday at the latest.

That was their first pedestrian shooting performance (high 30s percentage wise from both the field and beyond the arc) against a top team in a long while, yet they luck out with Buffalo shooting 28% from 3. 

Pinky sold his soul to the basketball devils this year...

8 hours ago, zipsrule said:

For kicks, I compared the pre-season poll to the final standings.  While the order is a little different, the top 5 teams are correct.

image.png.6bd300be1713b0bf00181123eed74f49.png

So we still technically over-achieved, despite getting literally nothing and then basically nothing from two key players we expected to have this year - one who prior to the start of the season, we may have reasonably assumed would be our best player.  Well done Groce and team. The future looks bright.

With that said, it will be a tough road in Cle, but I at least really want to get over the Buffalo hump up there.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, LoyalZIP said:

What are we thinking for All-MAC?

My 1st team prediction will be:

Sears

Carry

Rollins

J. Williams

Freeman

POY: Carry

FOY: Sparks

COY: Pinky ( 🤮 )

6th man: Santiago

DPOY: To be honest, no idea. Maybe Jacobs from Kent?

I would think Jacobs or Freeman is DPOY. Freeman is 2nd in the MAC in blocks and 1st in rebounds.

Looking at the conference only stats, Toledo has an advantage in that only one of their players (Dennis) is in the top 15 of minutes played.  Milner and Rollins and Shumate are at 18, 20, and 22.    Meanwhile, Ravenna's Carry and Jacobs are in the top 5.  My gut tells me that Miami is going to put up a tougher fight against Ravenna than Central is against Toledo.

And I still believe that Ohio blew through the tourney last year because they had fresher legs and minds.  This year they are tired and are collapsing at year end.

Toledo is #1 in offense by a lot an Zips are #1 in defense by 1.3 points.

Edited by NWAkron
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, NWAkron said:

Looking at the conference only stats, Toledo has an advantage in that only one of their players (Dennis) is in the top 15 of minutes played.  Milner and Rollins and Shumate are at 18, 20, and 22.    Meanwhile, Ravenna's Carry and Jacobs are in the top 5.  My gut tells me that Miami is going to put up a tougher fight against Ravenna than Central is against Toledo.

And I still believe that Ohio blew through the tourney last year because they had fresher legs and minds.  This year they are tired and are collapsing at year end.

Toledo is #1 in offense by a lot an Zips are #1 in defense by 1.3 points.

Ohio doesn't have Preston this year, either. That kid was a special talent. 

33 minutes ago, Captain Kangaroo said:

If anyone finds cheap tourney ticket deals, post them here.

I know...Verizon in Macedonia...🙃 (I actually did get free tickets there a few years back).

I also heard something about the Verizon in Macedonia but other than that...I got nothing.