Zips MAC Tournament- 2022

Well this sucks. Was coming in for the game but the weather is awful. Can't see making a six hour (minimum) drive in heavy snow so sadly I'm not going to be able to make it. So I have up to four tickets section 121 row 7 so right near the court. They were $24 each and I'll sell them for $15 if anyone is interested and I thought I'd offer them here first. PM me if interested. 

11 minutes ago, MDZip said:

Well this sucks. Was coming in for the game but the weather is awful. Can't see making a six hour (minimum) drive in heavy snow so sadly I'm not going to be able to make it. So I have up to four tickets section 121 row 7 so right near the court. They were $24 each and I'll sell them for $15 if anyone is interested and I thought I'd offer them here first. PM me if interested. 

Are these the club level 121s? If so, these would be in our row in case anyone is nervous about sitting near Portage County's finest. 

Edited by Let'sGoZips94

I don’t know if my body can handle this game. God bless these players for doing what they do with all the bright lights and pressure. It’s amazing. I love Akron and I love Akron basketball. I want this more than anything right now. Am I expecting to win? I don’t know, I don’t think so. But I also really don’t think Kent is as dominant as the general consensus in the MAC says they are. I like our guys, I like our staff, and I love this opportunity. Shock the world, Go Zips!

57 minutes ago, LoyalZIP said:

I don’t know if my body can handle this game. God bless these players for doing what they do with all the bright lights and pressure. It’s amazing. I love Akron and I love Akron basketball. I want this more than anything right now. Am I expecting to win? I don’t know, I don’t think so. But I also really don’t think Kent is as dominant as the general consensus in the MAC says they are. I like our guys, I like our staff, and I love this opportunity. Shock the world, Go Zips!

no expectations from the beginning of this.  one of the articles said the Zips showed "poise" last night.  that's what they need tonight.  Some of Ravenna's losses came without Santiago.  When he came back, it's making all the difference.  So they added by addition.  Zips added by subtraction.

One of the advantages we have in this game is that of our 7 players, 4 of them have not logged huge minutes this season.  Although Ali leads the team logging 1100 minutes, Tribble is at 796, Dawson, 766, Clark, 452, and Wynn at 212.  When you look at the Ohio State game, these 4 players logged a combined 39 minutes.  Last night they combined for a total of 100 minutes.  

12 minutes ago, The Hip Zip said:

Woke up this morning feeling like crap. Then it dawned on me that my entire diet Friday consisted of four 16 oz jalapeno IPAs plate of nachos, two sundae cones and a big fat cigar.

The recipe for a Zips win has been established.

Don't mess with success. The selection show will help you bounce back tomorrow

10 minutes ago, 1981 grad said:

One of the advantages we have in this game is that of our 7 players, 4 of them have not logged huge minutes this season.  Although Ali leads the team logging 1100 minutes, Tribble is at 796, Dawson, 766, Clark, 452, and Wynn at 212.  When you look at the Ohio State game, these 4 players logged a combined 39 minutes.  Last night they combined for a total of 100 minutes.  

Ironic considering our 6-7 man rotation 😂

Not to take focus off this game, but we're gonna be pretty ****ing good next year

2 hours ago, LZIp said:

Tonight will be chippy for sure. Lets just hope no lines are crossed and we kick their ass!

Class and Kent Correctional Institute are mutually exclusive. Truly punks in their program, but we have to beat them to shut them up. Don't you relish the thought of PCCC having to live with the loss we will give them tonight for a whole year! Destroy the Flushes! Go Zips!

• Like 1

Some random thoughts before I try to be a little productive before heading downtown...

Trimble no longer being on the team is going to take away Kent from being able to park Carry on him. I have to imagine he was easy to guard camping at the 3 pt line, which gave Carry more energy on offense. No mas.

Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I don't recall Tribble being the primary defender on Carry in the first 2 meetings. I hope that changes tonight. Even so, my recollection is that Kent ran a lot of pick and rolls to get mismatches..like Aziz on Carry. Aziz's minutes going down with Wynn playing more at the 5 when needed should help with that.

We need Freeman to stay out of foul trouble. Plain and simple. I'd also feed him as much as possible. I don't think he missed last night. Need probably an above average game from either X or Ali on top of that. 

On paper Ohio would have scared me more than Kent, but Kent has had our number this season...which probably has me a little more worried than I should be. Still, tough to beat anyone 3 times in a season. Go Zips!

Edited by LZIp

1 minute ago, LZIp said:

On paper Ohio would have scared me more than Kent, but Kent has had our number this season...which probably has me a little more worried than I should be. Still, tough to beat anyone 3 times in a season. Go Zips!

Right on. On paper, the Zips matchup well with Kent, Carry has just been able to talent them to wins. He’s the best player on the floor and that can’t be disputed. With that said, from a purely basketball standpoint, Trimble not being here could make this game a whole lot different. Kent killed Akron on the perimeter twice in the regular season, and UA’s perimeter D has been so important in this run. They’ve got to win this game with their defense. That’s the only way. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, LoyalZIP said:

Right on. On paper, the Zips matchup well with Kent, Carry has just been able to talent them to wins. He’s the best player on the floor and that can’t be disputed. With that said, from a purely basketball standpoint, Trimble not being here could make this game a whole lot different. Kent killed Akron on the perimeter twice in the regular season, and UA’s perimeter D has been so important in this run. They’ve got to win this game with their defense. That’s the only way. 

Another good point for sure. Whether its Dawson, Tribble, or even Clarke out there in his place - either alternative is a better defender, which should help with the penetration issues we've had in the other meetings.