Zips MAC Tournament- 2022

I've seen the the past three MAC Tournament Championships for the Zips and this is the best one yet. Where this program was when Dambrot left and basically starting over to going to an NCAA tournament without any seniors, is incredible. And the path to that NCAA tournament automatic bid consisted of beating Buffalo, Toledo, and then Kent State. This was earned. Well done guys!

Edited by mes102
  • Like 4

Note from the flushes board that said "If Akron wins tonight they will have the easiest path through the tournament in history. Last night Toledo gave them the game. Now this. If we don't win, the most mediocre team in the conference will represent us. Hopefully, that won't be the case." Are you kidding me? Before the tournament started I thought any of the top five seeds except Ohio could win it. They just really seem to be fading at the end of the season and it has to stick pretty hard in some bobcat craw that Groce is taking the Zips to the NCAA tournament. Akron had by far the roughest gauntlet having to take out a good Buffalo team, the number one seed and then the number two seed. Kent had the easy path, a Miami team that had no chance, an Ohio team that was fading and then facing the number 4 team in the  after we took out Toledo?  

• Like 2

1) Props to the team for winning with class. They could've gloated at the end and they didn't; they flat out ignored KSUcks as they should've. 

2) Groce & co. coached their asses off. Unbelievable coaching job. Proud to have them. 

3) KSUcks are a bunch of mental midgets and it showed. Once things stopped going well for them after the first 4 minutes. Carry not scoring after his skipping/dance antics is amazing. 

4) Zips fans were AWESOME. They gave Jacobs absolute Hell when he touched the ball/shot free throws. I know I pissed off around 7 KSUcks fans around me with my loud cheering and tasteful trash talk. I think that happened around the arena, too. Zips fans were LOUD. 

What. A. Freaking. Night. 

IT'S 11:04 AND...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, MDZip said:

Note from the flushes board that said "If Akron wins tonight they will have the easiest path through the tournament in history. Last night Toledo gave them the game. Now this. If we don't win, the most mediocre team in the conference will represent us. Hopefully, that won't be the case." Are you kidding me? Before the tournament started I thought any of the top five seeds except Ohio could win it. They just really seem to be fading at the end of the season and it has to stick pretty hard in some bobcat craw that Groce is taking the Zips to the NCAA tournament. Akron had by far the roughest gauntlet having to take out a good Buffalo team, the number one seed and then the number two seed. Kent had the easy path, a Miami team that had no chance, an Ohio team that was fading and then facing the number 4 team in the  after we took out Toledo?  

Saw that. Their fan base is as big of a joke as their head coach. 

Akron just ran through the best of the MAC to win it all and kicked the "hottest team in the conference's" ass as the exclamation point.

Edited by Let'sGoZips94
  • Like 1

I thought Ohio did a good job on Kerry yesterday by pressuring him and making somebody else beat you.  The Zips did it again by doubling him and he had trouble against the pressure and had 9 turnovers.  Clark has struggled with the 3 ball and made 2 or 3 three ball and they were difficult shots.  Groce indicated earlier in the season that he was coming off an injury and would get better.  He played a great game.  X did a tremendous job on Kerry.  Freeman was a beast and the team did a great job getting the ball to him.  The team played very quick on defense with a lot of ball hawking causing 19 turnovers.  Never thought the Zips would win by 20.  Great game.  Nice going back to the Big Dance.  Now lets get our first NCAA tournament victory.  Go Zips!!!

• Like 1