2022 Big Dance Bracketology

ZippyRulz

My guess is a 14 seed simply because of being a 4 seed in the conference tourney and the MAC being ranked something like 19th out of the 32 conferences this year, when historically it has been a top 14 conference.

I am not sure why but when I look at the possible destination locations the one that seems to be calling out to me is Fort Worth. Knowing that the committee traditionally tries to put top 4 seeds in each region closer to home. So my wild guess, and I actually hope I am wrong, would be Akron in Fort Worth against Texas Tech.

The committee could always go for the story line though ( it happens too often to be coincidence) and have John Groce coaching against Illinois. The seeds will line up just about right. If that happened it would probably be somewhere like Milwaukee

15 minutes ago, GJGood said:

My guess is a 14 seed simply because of being a 4 seed in the conference tourney and the MAC being ranked something like 19th out of the 32 conferences this year, when historically it has been a top 14 conference.

I am not sure why but when I look at the possible destination locations the one that seems to be calling out to me is Fort Worth. Knowing that the committee traditionally tries to put top 4 seeds in each region closer to home. So my wild guess, and I actually hope I am wrong, would be Akron in Fort Worth against Texas Tech.

The committee could always go for the story line though ( it happens too often to be coincidence) and have John Groce coaching against Illinois. The seeds will line up just about right. If that happened it would probably be somewhere like Milwaukee

Bleacher Report Bracketology has Illinois as a 4 seed paired with 13 seed Chattanooga. 

2 hours ago, mes102 said:

Joe Lunardi now has Akron as a 14 seed playing 3 seed Wisconsin in Milwaukee. The 6-11 matchup would be #6 Texas vs #11 Miami(FL)

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/page/bracketology/ncaa-bracketology-projecting-2022-march-madness-men-field

So I guess we know for sure we'll be a 13 seed then 😂

USA Today has the best scenario so far in my opinion

They have us as the 13 seed playing 4 seed Providence. The other part of the section is 5 seed Houston playing the winner of Michigan and Notre Dame. The other top 3 seeds in the region are 1 seed Arizona, 2 seed Kentucky, 3 seed Purdue. 

They have the Akron-Providence & Houston-Michigan/Notre Dame section playing in Buffalo. 

• Like 1

I'm was hoping for a 9 seed and a first round rematch with THE (always over seeded) osu.

Now, if both teams actually wind up in the Midwest Region (even though the NCAA seems to like to send Akron teams as far away from Akron as they can for tournament competition) it looks like I have to hope osu can win a game or two to set up a thrashing at the hand.s of the Zips.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mes102 said:

CBS Sports has Akron as a 14 seed as well. Every bracketology page I've seen has Akron as a 14 seed. 

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/bracketology/

I'm sorry mes, my comment wasn't intended as a dig at your post, just a light hearted joke about Lunardi's general accuracy. A 14 seed is certainly a possibility.