2022 Big Dance Bracketology

ZippyRulz

8 minutes ago, ZippyforPresident said:

I'm sorry mes, my comment wasn't intended as a dig at your post, just a light hearted joke about Lunardi's general accuracy. A 14 seed is certainly a possibility.

I didn't take your post as a dig. I just wanted to state it that every bracketology post I've seen has Akron as a 14 seed. That way if Akron is a 14 seed, there's no shock to it. I fully expect a 13 seed too though. I did catch your joke and agree with it. I would have reacted to your joke with a laughing emoticon but I was out of reactions 😂

Edited by mes102
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kreed5120 said:

A game that could impact whether we're a 13 or 14 seed is the Yale - Princeton game. Princeton has a better NET and would likely be seeded ahead of us. We would likely be seeded ahead of Yale.

In terms of NET, out of the other projected 14 seeds, Longwood is just ahead of us and St. Peter's is a couple spots ahead of us. Colgate is just below us and they're a projected 15 seed. 

If NET has a ton of weight for seeding, I think we most likely will be a 14 seed.

Edited by mes102

Bracket Matrix has us as the top #14, before the Yale upset. That should bump us to 13.  

Bracket Matrix also has Illinois as the 2nd 4-seed.

You do the math. If Davidson wins the A-10 (and maybe even if they don't), I think it's Akron/Illinois for the storyline.

29 minutes ago, RowdyZip said:

Bracket Matrix has us as the top #14, before the Yale upset. That should bump us to 13.  

Bracket Matrix also has Illinois as the 2nd 4-seed.

You do the math. If Davidson wins the A-10 (and maybe even if they don't), I think it's Akron/Illinois for the storyline.

I forgot about the Bracket Matrix. They just updated it and have Yale as the lowest #13 seed and us as the top 14 seed. 

3 hours ago, mes102 said:

In terms of NET, out of the other projected 14 seeds, Longwood is just ahead of us and St. Peter's is a couple spots ahead of us. Colgate is just below us and they're a projected 15 seed. 

If NET has a ton of weight for seeding, I think we most likely will be a 14 seed.

It's just not your individual NET, but also who you beat and where. Longwood, St Peter's, Akron, and Montona St. all are within a few spots of one another. We might still be seeded below those teams, but the committee will also be looking at who each team beat. Akron has 2 Q2 wins while those 3 programs have a combined 0. None of the programs have a Q1 win. That's why I think Akron has a chance of being ahead of them.

As for what the committee decides who knows.

Edited by kreed5120
  • Like 2